• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Merged "Polaris LS is a premium plastic Cheetah replacement" threads

Darth Anovin

Eagle Member
I'm looking to replace my Cheetah. It's not that I don't like the disc. Very much the opposite actually. The problem is that the one I throw is a KC Pro and lately I have become very much opposed to throwing OOP plastic. It's just too much of a hassle to replace or find backups for.any suggestions will be appreciated and while I prefer Innova, I'm not really looking for anything brand-specific. Thanks in advance.

Any reason you don't just pick up a DX? I would suggest an Eclipse, but those are only available in Pro-D as well. Maybe try out a Cyclone?

I actually have the DX version. Not a bad disc, but too overstable IMO. I got a Fuse for a midrange and it works for me.

Any reason you don't just pick up a DX? I would suggest an Eclipse, but those are only available in Pro-D as well. Maybe try out a Cyclone?

I'm high maintenance. I don't like cheap stuff. Just kidding. Seriously, I've never really like DX. Don't like the grip of them and the wear is too fast imo.

I throw KC Pro Cheetahs and the closest that I've seen are Discraft Impacts, ESP Stratus, TP Cyclones, but I look at Cheetahs for glide and minimal LSS.
According to Joes Flight Chart, a Polaris LS or Leopard should fit the bill.

I throw KC Pro Cheetahs and the closest that I've seen are Discraft Impacts, ESP Stratus, TP Cyclones, but I look at Cheetahs for glide and minimal LSS.
According to Joes Flight Chart, a Polaris LS or Leopard should fit the bill.

Polaris LS

Winner, winner, cheetah dinner.

A Polaris LS or premium plastic Leopard is your best bet for replicating a KC Pro Cheetah I'd imagine.

Lat64 Diamond is right next to it on Joe's.
The Diamond is a lot of fun, but its been years since I've thrown a Cheetah, and it was a 150ish 11x KC Pro.

Polaris has already been stated but thats my vote. Pro and Sirus are pretty close to KC Pro Cheetah flight wise. Polaris in quantum plastic is like a mini Teebird flight wise. Discgolfcenter has all three plastics.

make that another vote for the Polaris LS

The Polaris I got seems to not have near the glide as my heavier KC Pro Cheetah. Of all discs I have thrown, a brand new Pro Leopard flies like a broken in KC Cheetah more than anything.

It's too bad you don't like dx plastic, a dx gazelle would be pretty close to your kc cheetah. You could also try a champ leopard.

I will just say that I miss throwing my KC Cheetah but have been fine with Leopards. Nothing matches that great but; I'm happy with it over the other discs I have tried.

Overstable Cheetah?

Yep. Innova's flight rating is 6 (speed), 4 (glide), -2 (hi-speed turn), 2 (lo-speed fade). It's the fading finish that gets me. I think it's on target, then it hooks left away from the target if I didn't guess it right.

My Lat 64 Focus is pretty straight so it's a simple point and fire away disc. The glide seems better too which works out on my home course #9. Downhill, into the wind I just throw it down the slope and it glides down to the basket.