• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Micro-Fiber Towels

emiller3

Double Eagle Member
Was going to purchase a pair of Innova FlyDry towels from discgolfcenter, it's a 16x16 micro-fibre towel. So far I've just been using dish towels, but I've lost a couple and there's no real great place to put them in my chimp, so I'd like something that clips on. Does a certain material/size work better? Do you guys clip on your towels or just leave them loose in a pocket?

You can buy the same towels from walmart or whatever store you like to shop at for a lot cheaper. I got a 3 pack of them from goodwill for $1.50 and I just let them sit in my bag.

Yeah, I'm just not digging the loose towel thing. I put some extra discs in my Chimp's big pocket for practicing, so there's really nowhere to put the towel. It falls out of the bigger mesh pocket.

Anybody bought the towels cheaper and done an easy mod to clip them to your bag? I'm not very handy that way, so I stress easy. I'm thinking just safety pins.

emiller3 said:
Yeah, I'm just not digging the loose towel thing. I put some extra discs in my Chimp's big pocket for practicing, so there's really nowhere to put the towel. It falls out of the bigger mesh pocket.

Anybody bought the towels cheaper and done an easy mod to clip them to your bag? I'm not very handy that way, so I stress easy. I'm thinking just safety pins.

u can buy a 10pk of grommets and the tool to hammer em for like 5 bucks at walmart....

then use shower hooks to connect to your bag

Hoey said:
just avoid dropping them, as they are magnets for anything small and clingy.

Yeah, I would not suggest clipping the micro-fiber towels to your bag. Head to the driving range, and grab a regular golf towel from the proshop, they come with a clip and a grommet.

I use something similar, and keep a small micro fiber towel in a pocket of my chimp when I am not playing, and in my back pocket when I am. I picked up a 4-pack from Harbor Freight on the cheap.

That scientificdg towel looks cool, does it come with a clip or am I going to have to apply Solty's DIY method?

^^ That's what I'm talkin' about, thanks! I think maybe I'll go ahead and order one from the scientific dg guy, it's only $5 shipped.

some call me...tim? said:
Check out MotoDJ's bag mods here...he used a simple binder clip for his towel. So simple, and yet so genius.
I liked this idea so much I did the same thing. I put the clip through the little tab at the top of my Simian, now no more hitch hikers on my towel.

Check the auto section in wally world for super cheap microfiber towels. Supporting businesses that you like is also a good thing to do.

well thanks for the mention Tim

just so ya know, i tweeked it a lil bit, was a little hard to "easily" open the clamp, so i took the ?handle? off a bigger one, and wrapped them both with heat shrink, makes it 5 times easier to grab, i can replace my towel while bag is on my shoulders now (with quads)

and of course, pics explain it easier
2u9hi54.jpg

np2tck.jpg

Microfibre? It sounds like its Canadian or from the UK with that spelling of "fibre"

Frank Delicious said:
Shamwow is the way to go.

I thought about that! I wanted to try one actually. :lol:
But, I used a regular old dish towel till I found a Micro-fiber Innova towel laying on the ground at my local course. Still in great shape, almost looked new.

But, I just took a keyring, double the dish towel up once on the corner and ran it through the threads. Worked quite well. Then attached it to one of the climbing hooks that came with my chimp. Got both towels on there now. Dish towel for the really wet muddy days in the small pocket with the mesh on it. Then the Micro-fiber in the mesh on that same pocket. Stays put and easy to access. Still leaves a little bit of room for other small random stuff in the bottom of the pocket with the towel on top.

I ordered two micro-fiber towels from the scientific dg guys, I'll combine that with MotoDJ's solution and I think I'll have exactly what I was looking for.

I just wish they had more colours...

i tried a skinnier heatshrink for a "not so hillbilly look"
gonna try it with both big 'handles' for a while, just cause i'm in the mood to fiddle
qqnvo0.jpg