• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Micro-Fiber Towels

Jeronimo said:
black udder said:
I picked up a couple. I can't seem to find anything that really soaks up moisture. I have a couple shamwow knockoffs and they work okay. A dish towel probably works the best, but then it holds that moisture too, so it's not good for long. I tried an innova micro-fiber town (I have 3) and they picked up so much crap and didn't work that well, so I don't use them.

The two I just picked up from Scientific don't feel the same as the others. They feel soft and have a patch sewn in one corner. They look to be good quality, albeit made in china, and I don't think they'll pick up junk like the others. How much they soak up and how much water they retain is yet to be determined.

Well... Go wet your discs and dry them off!

I picked up two of these towels and have used them in the rain and on a wet course (morning dew/after rain, etc.). They are much better than the Innova micro fiber towels. They do not pick up anything like leaves, etc. and they dry off discs really well. If you want, a couple of them will dry off a disc as if it was not even wet. They dry out quickly so I was able to throw a disc, put it in the bag/pocket, walk to my lie (wait for others to throw when necessary) and then throw another disc and wipe the other one to be 85-95% dry and put it back in the bag. We played 7 holes in the rain, not a total downpour, but not a sprinkle either. The towels performed great, better than the super shammy or ordinary towels. I'm a convert. I might order a couple more because they're thin and small so they don't take up much space at all.

I can't compare them to the $10 multi packs folks are talking about, but these are the best I've come across.

I have an innova towel and it works rather well except the whole picking up leaves and grass thing

A normal towel for mud and big debris with a SDG microfiber towel sounds like the way to go. I'll have to pick a couple up and give them a shot.

what'shisname said:
Actual Chamois leather is the absolute best thing I've found to take moisture off a disc over and over again all round. It's not cheap, but it actually works.

Yeah, I'd agree, but "not cheap" is the problem :)

Latest posts