• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

midrange profiles similar to drivers?

As far as Innova goes, check out the 5 speed mid-ranges (just a tad slower than the Leopard). The Panther, Skeeter, Spider, and Cro are all in the ballpark of what you are looking for.

what are some midranges that are similar to the profile of a fairway or distance driver. i play rhfh and i dont like the feel of midranges like rocs and buzzzs. im also looking for a driver like midrange that goes dead straight. any suggestions are greatly appreciated

dxpantherylw.jpg

stingray ftw :), they are understable though unless you are going with champion which are OOP..very low profile, seems very fast for a mid and has tons of glide... (edit oops just saw you throw FH..never tried it with a ray but i would imagine its to understable for that)

stingray ftw :), they are understable though unless you are going with champion which are OOP..very low profile, seems very fast for a mid and has tons of glide... (edit oops just saw you throw FH..never tried it with a ray but i would imagine its to understable for that)

they don't become more understable with a forehand. If they do, it's a form error, not a disc error

Drone, Leopard, River, Wraith?!?

Did any of you guys read his request at all?

Go buy a Gateway Scout. Everyone I have handed mine to has liked the way it felt. The thick smooth rim has a really driver-like feel to it but it's stability is somewhere between a Roc and a Buzzz. They go dead straight brand new with a small fade at the end. If I need more fade... I throw it higher... less fade... throw it lower. Just try one, and you can thank me later.

Drone, Leopard, River, Wraith?!?

Did any of you guys read his request at all?

Go buy a Gateway Scout. Everyone I have handed mine to has liked the way it felt. The thick smooth rim has a really driver-like feel to it but it's stability is somewhere between a Roc and a Buzzz. They go dead straight brand new with a small fade at the end. If I need more fade... I throw it higher... less fade... throw it lower. Just try one, and you can thank me later.

That's my point. What the OP wants is a disc that feels like a driver and flies like a mid. A beat DX driver, ie Wraith, can fill this need.

I my eyes, the Innova Mako is what you need. My First Run is low profile and flies dead nuts straight. If not that, I'd say the Buzz or Panther would work nicely too.

Bricks, i guess what I meant to say is, doesn't a beat dx wraith still fly like an understable wraith? I've beat some dx wraiths into flippy messes, but all of them were still faster than any of my mids.

Bricks, i guess what I meant to say is, doesn't a beat dx wraith still fly like an understable wraith? I've beat some dx wraiths into flippy messes, but all of them were still faster than any of my mids.

You're probably right. I'll give you that mine was probably an exception to the rule, but it was freaky slow.

Gummy Star Kite actually has a driver shaped rim. It flies very straight on a hyzer flip, it is quite touchy though. I guess sort of like a comet, you need smooth form and not too much power or you'll pay.

Pzzach, I really think you need to give Midrange's a shot. I tried to play like you for the first year and half and it was for the same reason. The mid-ranges didn't feel good in my hand. I finally realized I HAVE to be able to throw mid's and putters. Mostly b/c when a sharp edged driver hits a tree in the woods, the kicks can be brutal.

I like an Ion for dead straight shots in the woods now.

Latest posts