• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Midrange....want something new.

FYI...to everyone. The AURORA MS is a Shark/Stingray combo...very tasty. For you Shark lovers, this might be something extra to check out...same for you Stingray fans.

FYI we're being FYI'ed

Lots of choices...I like it. I'll write 'em all down and hit the store. Good thing is they will let you throw what you want to try out to see if its a good fit. Hopefully, I can find a couple that will help me. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. :thmbup:

Wedge, meteor, comet, glide, MD1, panther, are all good mid ranges to try out. It depends what works for you.

Cyclones, JLS, XL, leopard, Orion LS, are just few drivers that have glide and are easy to throw. Again depends on what works for your throwing style. If you are getting your wizards out to 200ft you should be able to throw 300 with these drivers above.

Cyclones, JLS, XL, leopard, Orion LS, are just few drivers that have glide and are easy to throw. Again depends on what works for your throwing style. If you are getting your wizards out to 200ft you should be able to throw 300 with these drivers above.

One would think I could hit 300 with those....but 265 was my top...and now its looking more like 225 realistically. I have a Cyclone, JLS and Leopard. Cyclone was never really friendly to me, but that was when I was using my venerable P-38's. I haven't thrown one in a decade. I was just thinking I should try it again. The JLS is OK and I can get close to 200' with it, but never past. Same with the Leopard...though I just got my DX Leo and have only thrown it a half dozen times. I still need to learn it. Seems like I was around 185ish with it when I wasn't plowing it into the ground.:doh: I wasn't having a good day when I took it out.;) XL is one I'd like to try...I have an XLS and its a tad too overstable for me but I believe that my form or lack thereof may be and probably is hindering it. I am pretty sure the pain is altering my movements and keeping me from doing what I need to do. I am just going to have to start over and relearn everything I guess.:wall: More like..relearn everything within my new limitations. I may even have to get the P-38's back out to keep the confidence level up. They are money about 98% of the time for me.:p

FWIW, it looks like the Fuse is the recommendation winner followed closely by the Comet. I'll try them out next week. May even try the Meteor...I like the rating numbers for it. For wind, I'll take a look at the Hornet. I'd look at the Drone, but that 2.6 OS rating has me concerned...since I am not a fan of OS discs that much.

Last edited:
Comet, then Glo Buzzz (nice and stable) and then a meteor. I have 3 comets that will never leave my bag unless I lose them. They are pure money. Two are esp, one is Elite X. One esp is beaten in and flies understable, the other esp is max weight and has the most glide of any disc I've thrown. Awesome discs....................jerry

To compliment the Axis.....it won't do everything..no disc does. Close but no banana is not where I want to be.