• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millennium OLF Lovers

Leopard said:
zj1002 said:
OLFs were not really kept up to date on the runs. there were multiple runs of 1.2s
THIS
it might change with new ownership. previously not two fucks were given which run number was stamped on a disc. innova never liked the run number thing as it put more work on them to keep blank cases labeled and separated. often we'd put in a stamping order and they'd tell us they lost track of runs, so everything would get stamped wrong.

good example, there are 3+ runs of Sirius JLS but i have yet to see one without a first run stamp. same with SMS. SOLF and SOLS are huge offenders because most of their quantity goes to Academy, which is kind of a black hole when it comes to the QC desired by people like us. same reason the SOS with SOLS stamp went to walmart.

ad_innova.jpg

a lot of it had to do with the fact that the welcome had been worn thin with innova. notice the first new models in 5 years come immediately after ownership/management changed.

but yeah, innova has problems of their own.

I got some throws with my 1.2 Qolf and 1.2 Solf. It was somewhat confusing. I was under the impression that the 1.2s were a different mold and more stable than the 1.1s. These disc flew about exactly like the 1.1s. Both showed some high speed turn at just about any distance, and the Solf was even turning and burning on low line drives thrown near flat. These discs are much less stable than a new S or C PD. They were also slower than the PD. I must say I was looking forward to this revisit with the OLF, but I just don't see what the fuss is about. Perhaps these were mismarked 1.1s? The appeared to have a blunter nose. Unless these two discs are total duds or something, PD>OLF.

Frank Delicious said:
I am so shocked that a dude who loves the PD doesn't like throwing the OLF.

Do your Qolfs and Solfs get high speed turn even on 300ish shots when new? I'm trying to figure out if I got real 1.2s or mismarked 1.1s.

they shouldn't burn

you probably have 1.2s. the tops can look similar at times, but the fatter nose is 1.2

discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:
I am so shocked that a dude who loves the PD doesn't like throwing the OLF.

Do your Qolfs and Solfs get high speed turn even on 300ish shots when new? I'm trying to figure out if I got real 1.2s or mismarked 1.1s.

No, if I do it is very minimal. Of course I don't throw a 300' shot with my OLFs too often because if I am throwing a driver that distance, it is gonna be an eagle.

Anyway there is no way your OLFs should be burning, doesn't matter if they are 1.1s or 1.2s.

Never thrown a 1.1, but my 1.2 QOLF still has very minimal high speed turn, even on a 400' throw.

zj1002 said:
SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE HAS OAT
OH SNAP!

But yeah, my friend pretty much only throws OLFs (well he pulls out the FB occasionally) and even his year or two old ones only turned a bit on distances beyond 350'. It basically felt like throwing a nicely beaten PD, except that I prefer the feel of the PD.

Well, this orange 175 Solf labled 1.2 has high speed turn at any distance beyond 300'. I threw it on a distance hole, though too low (about 6'), from slight hyzer and it flipped over and went to the ground. No oat, just flippiness. It reminded me of a slightly less stable version of my pink 172 stiff DGR PPDs. It was exactly like one of the first OLFs I ever bought which was also unthrowable without hyzer. That's why I'm wondering about the run number on this disc, but I heard the orange 1.1s were more stable. The 175 milky white Qolf flipped up and pushed flat, fading late on a 300' hyzer shot much like a seasoned Buzzz would. Both discs are fairly flat, though not completely so. I see absolutely no difference between these discs and what I remember of how the 1.1s flew for me.

I guess the discs I grabbed to test are totally defeating the purpose of why I wanted to test them, which unfortunately probably means I'm going to have to grab 2 different ones. Damn Innova...

Frank Delicious said:
Send that orange SOLF to me and I will test it versus other OLFs.

I don't think CDGS would be down with that....but if anyone wants to buy a "pre-seasoned" Solf with a couple of grass landings and thumb whirls on the flightplate let me know.

Smyith said:
discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:
Well I would buy it from you but I hear it's a shitty OLF.

Might not be shitty if you lost your seasoned Solf.

thats what a MOLF is for. better glide too

If the relationship b/w Molf/Solf is anything like the PPD/SPD then it's not really going to compare in the line shaping dept. I see the Molf not retaining a reliable fade and having a much smaller window in the workable "sweet spot" than a seasoned Solf.