• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini Payout/Ace Pot Structure

J. Ray

Bogey Member
I'm starting a weekly mini here in town and was hoping to get some ideas on payout/ace pot structure. We're having two divisions w/ a $10 entry for both. I wanted this to include the ace pot but was'nt sure what amount should go into the ace pot, $3, $5, etc. Should I do 70/30 for Open and 60/40 for Am? Is $5 for the ace pot a little too rich for the Ams?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I can't afford to pay more than $5.00 a week for a league or whatever but I am a borke college student. a dollar of that goes to our acepool and the rest is paid out. Seems to much to me but that is just my opinion.

I would say nothing over 7 for a weekly league, but that just my humble opinion. Id go 5 to the payout, 1 to ace pot, and 1 to the course fund (if there is one). If no course fund either roll up to 6$ payout or take the extra dollars and put on an end of summer cook out for all the regulars.

I run one of these local minis here. And what deaddisc said is how I do things. $7 to play 5 to payout $1 to ace pot $1 to the course. Anything more and that's just too much. IF there is no course fund use that extra dolla to buy food and beers for the last day of league or use it for lunches on a work day.
Payout should only go to the top 1/3 in both of your divisions.

Any reason Ams might feel slighted for having to pay as much entry as pros?

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Also-
do you recommend a flex-entry, shotgun start, or assigning a card to a hole to start on?

As long as the am payouts and pro payouts are kept seperate then i dont see why anyone would have issues with paying the same amount.
I would say that you should have casual starts. People pair up with whomever they want to play with and the groups verbally claim the closest holes so everyone is spread out but doesnt have to walk too far.
How many people you thinking are gonna be at this league? The way you are talking it sounds like youve got 40+ ppl. Around here most leagues are no more than 15-20 ppl/week

There will probably be around 20-30 folks out there. We usually try to fit at least 3-4 per card. It's starting @ 5:30 and around here it gets dark around 7:30 so I'm mainly concerned w/ finding the fastest way for people to get started and get finished.

J. Ray said:
I'm starting a weekly mini here in town and was hoping to get some ideas on payout/ace pot structure. We're having two divisions w/ a $10 entry for both. I wanted this to include the ace pot but was'nt sure what amount should go into the ace pot, $3, $5, etc. Should I do 70/30 for Open and 60/40 for Am? Is $5 for the ace pot a little too rich for the Ams?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

We do 5$ entry and if you want in on the Ace Pool it's an extra 1$

Definitely don't go over 7 or your turn out will be low.

We played tonight had 7 people @ 5$ each. I won Open and took home 11$, I also won the CTP Prize was 5$ Juniors Division won 4$, and the Old man division won I think 8$, and the left over goes into a pot for a trophy/prize at the end of the league. in 8 weeks.