• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] MINT Discs - Profit

BUMP - decided to order one from Marshall Street - they got me with the Free shipping offer... it was 6.99 for shipping or spend 12 more and get FREE SHIPPING....well I did the math and yeah adding a 13$ disc was definitely worth it. Can't wait to try this out. I'm looking for a putter for winter. Right now I use Lunas and I like them, but the plastic doesn't seem to love the cold. I like trilogy baseline putters, I use a Shield (medium) and/or an Atom (electron medium) - those plastics are decent in cold. But adding the Profit, was just curious how this plastic is? Is it more baseline, pro, or premium? And what would you compare it to?

Anyone care to chime in on how the profit feels/flies? Is it a single mold ion?

lol no. this is between a kc aviar and rhyno as far as stability goes for the royal plastic. some say a little deeper than a rhyno but i dont have any rhynos to compare. loads of info in the facebook groups for mint. reliably overstable but a workable overstability. medium bead, bullet nose. sort of feels like if you took the thumbtrac off of the rhyno, it would be close to the profit feel.

BUMP - decided to order one from Marshall Street - they got me with the Free shipping offer... it was 6.99 for shipping or spend 12 more and get FREE SHIPPING....well I did the math and yeah adding a 13$ disc was definitely worth it. Can't wait to try this out. I'm looking for a putter for winter. Right now I use Lunas and I like them, but the plastic doesn't seem to love the cold. I like trilogy baseline putters, I use a Shield (medium) and/or an Atom (electron medium) - those plastics are decent in cold. But adding the Profit, was just curious how this plastic is? Is it more baseline, pro, or premium? And what would you compare it to?

royal plastic is more of a pro type plastic, wears down a little slower than traditional baselines. new, they some times have a velvety feel from the mold release. after some use and a soapy bath, they tend to become really tacky and offer great grip even when wet. stiffness starts out around medium but im hoping itll either become softer over time as it wears. id compare the plastic to a velvety kc, reminds me of the old 11x plastic kinda, the firm 11x roc kind. if you are on facebook, check out the mint discs fan page. loads of info there. the forums rarely get used anymore but i try to chime in occasionally to asnwer questions.

lots of positive reviews so far whether the disc ended up replacing putting putters or driving putters. has surprisingly more glide than people initially thought it would have while still keeping a workable stability.

royal plastic is more of a pro type plastic, wears down a little slower than traditional baselines. new, they some times have a velvety feel from the mold release. after some use and a soapy bath, they tend to become really tacky and offer great grip even when wet. stiffness starts out around medium but im hoping itll either become softer over time as it wears. id compare the plastic to a velvety kc, reminds me of the old 11x plastic kinda, the firm 11x roc kind. if you are on facebook, check out the mint discs fan page. loads of info there. the forums rarely get used anymore but i try to chime in occasionally to asnwer questions.

lots of positive reviews so far whether the disc ended up replacing putting putters or driving putters. has surprisingly more glide than people initially thought it would have while still keeping a workable stability.
sounds good, and yeah I did join that FB group. can't wait to get it and try it out

So I got out for a round yesterday and used my new Royal PROFIT. First - the feel: It was a moderately firm baseline, sorta similar to trilogy Hard baselines - with a little of that innova pro plastic feel (but better) Velvety but firm (but not rock hard even in the cold - it was 35-40) It has a moderately thin profile (I think) a bead (not micro not macro, just normal size...that's what she said) The edge isn't smoothly rounded, the shoulder rounds down then a slant-angle almost what feels like a 45dg angle to the bead. Not really deep feeling.

Flight: It's overstable, but not Harp/Zone category. It flew for me 3/3/0/2 I could even see it called 2.5 fade but I'm sure in base plastic that would wear into 2 quick and after some use probably more 1.5 fade. With that said it is more OS in flight than these discs (that I tested with it) Marshal, Shield, Luna, Aviar. Granted these discs are stable straighter putters generally the fades on them are 1 or 2...and this was more fade than all of that so I'd call it a 2.5 fade off the bat.

Putting-wise it was nice - got a straight flight sorta fast moderate glide (on flat release) then a steady hyzer finish, strong enough to throw a hyzer putt around a tree and hook in nicely. I basically used it as an OS putter for those kinda shots. It complimented my other putters really nicely. I'm glad it is more noticeable OS than my other putters without it being as OS as my Zone.

I could go on and on but basically, its a decent hand-feel , nice plastic, good flying slightly OS putter that could be used as a primary putter, as an upshot disc, or a Throwing putter. Right now I'm using it to be an OS complement to the Marshal - has a very similar feel in shape as the Profit but the Profit definitely has more fade and hook.

ok im done ;)

Got a technical question for those throwing this thing.
What's its stall speed like? Tricky question but let me explain.
I love the proxy/envy combo out in the open-hard rip and there's nothing quite like them because of their HSS, glide and forward penetration. Plus it's a perfect 1-2 punch. But on slower lines I've found them a bit tricky to master because their stall speed is high-they'll go, and then when they've decided to call it quits, well, they call it quits and will dump as opposed to carry left. Does the profit do that, or does it have more carry to it? I know it's overstable but after having a bit of wear to it when it straightens out does it glide out or stall out when it gets to low speeds? Thanks so much.

I love the proxy/envy combo out in the open-hard rip and there's nothing quite like them because of their HSS, glide and forward penetration. Plus it's a perfect 1-2 punch. But on slower lines I've found them a bit tricky to master because their stall speed is high-they'll go, and then when they've decided to call it quits, well, they call it quits and will dump as opposed to carry left. Does the profit do that, or does it have more carry to it? I know it's overstable but after having a bit of wear to it when it straightens out does it glide out or stall out when it gets to low speeds? Thanks so much.

with minimal use of the royal plastic at 173g - It seemed to have a decent speed throughout and carried the hyzer finish forward, but it doesn't glide like a envy or proxy so...hmm, I'll say at low speed it seemed to hyzer pretty solid and hit the ground. I am not sure about other plastics or weights, but this is based on 173g royal that's still brand new. - ;)

Gotcha-well I got 5 Otw-three 166g pinks for putting, a max blue to stash for OS drives and a 166g purple to start throwing off the tee and wear in. I like having all one mold+proxy/envy but pilots are a little too fast for my putt-they don't quite glide enough at low speeds and I hope these will with their increased depth, plus they start out a bit more OS for drives and come in a drivable baseline. So I went a lot in and we'll see if I get burned haha. Any advice as far as seasoning speed/which stability they lose first/etc?

That's funny, I bag the Proxy/Envy combo too - specifically, the Proxy is the workhorse and the Envy is there when I need a Proxy shot to fade.

I bag a Dagger as a main putter plus a backup for throwing and approaching. It fills that role just underneath the Axiom putters in speed, that you need to effectively control the flight of a disc at really low speeds for touchy approaches.

Add in a Rhyno and you're set.

I do appreciate a nice old-school stable/OS driving putter, I just don't happen to bag one at this time.

That's funny, I bag the Proxy/Envy combo too - specifically, the Proxy is the workhorse and the Envy is there when I need a Proxy shot to fade.

I bag a Dagger as a main putter plus a backup for throwing and approaching. It fills that role just underneath the Axiom putters in speed, that you need to effectively control the flight of a disc at really low speeds for touchy approaches.

Add in a Rhyno and you're set.

I do appreciate a nice old-school stable/OS driving putter, I just don't happen to bag one at this time.
Yup. I parked two holes with my Envy today and had two bad shots with my Proxy but that was my own dang fault-and love the combo. But they're more open field fliers than in the woods fliers with my taste-very little turn and consistent fade, more go-to shots than shot-shaping shots. They come in tomorrow so I should be able to run by the course then and let em fly.

something special dropped earlier this week if you've been snoozin...:p

Attachments

• 73094544_10156760294042794_3327157477396447232_o.jpg
    73094544_10156760294042794_3327157477396447232_o.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 56
Just got to Austin. Grabbed 3 Profits. These feel great. Small bead. Flat top. Same diameter as a Luna. Will be able to test this weekend.

Just got to Austin. Grabbed 3 Profits. These feel great. Small bead. Flat top. Same diameter as a Luna. Will be able to test this weekend.

let us know how they fly for you! good or bad, id like to hear. enjoy austin too, make sure you check out roy g or circle c if you can.

let us know how they fly for you! good or bad, id like to hear. enjoy austin too, make sure you check out roy g or circle c if you can.

Just played circle c sunday. Crazy pedestrian traffic but a fun course. Roy G is 7 mins from my casa!

Used a friends Profit at circle C a few times. Feels incredible. Will post an update after this weekend

awesome, glad you got to play circle c! roy g is in good shape still but keep in mind there is a next gen tourney happening sunday the 11th this weekend. feldberg recently swapped out baskets for some prodigy ones to be used during the event . still playable before then i believe.

looking forward to the review on the profit, lots of people are digging it for a thrower or putter .

More putting with the Profit. I tend to push putt more with this putter. It just feels wider than other putters to me. Its almost a mid-putter hybrid feeling disc. I also had some nasty spits that i felt should have caught.
I love the plastic feel. Wont pull them out the bag yet, im going to give them a few more rounds.

My most beat 166 Profit has straightened out nice and is now a nice slight turn approach disc. Holds long hyzers that float forever too. My putting has never been too great but I do like the grip, other than my Entropy's serving as OS utility they're my only putter mold now, which is really weird for me. Any word on some Apex's/Eternals being run soon..??? :popcorn:

no word yet but i was originally told they were trying to get them out by the end of the year with the freetail. not sure if that is still the plan but if they dont release with the freetail, they will come shortly after.

Latest posts