• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

Get the Led out!!

Haha, You witnessed that shot of mine last week during our lunch break round on that same hole that was pretty damn close. I gotta start throwing that orange AJ more, that thing is good to me. You have had a couple close ones at that basket too. I want to ace #2 and #6 so bad it's crazy.

Last edited:
I have had a few metal hits, on 2 occasions I completely blew up the chains dead center and both found a way to spit out. This is the only close call I have proof of . . . it was hole #1 at Fore Palms in Jax, FL. I actually didn't pay much attention to this shot as I was playing through a guy teaching some first timers who alerted me they would be a while. They then waited for me to take this picture.

Attachments

• 2012-10-10_16-21-33_394.jpg
    2012-10-10_16-21-33_394.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 51
Yesterday myself and another guy were playing and his tee shot hit the basket then chains and bounced out. Following this, I sent my drive right at it (from our point of view). It somehow seemingly went through the basket without hitting anything and ended up shooting through a 5' wide and 5' tall tunnel to go across and land on the opposite bank of a small river that runs behind the basket.

Drilled chains on 5 at Century Park in G'ville last Saturday, JUST missed the ace on a CTP hole today at the Simple Pleasures DGC Ice Bowl. We all thought it was money. Still won the CTP though. Mild consolation...

Hole 3 at Valmont in Boulder. 175g star Katana that I traded up for on Saturday. I nailed the top of the basket LHFH, winding around the big, bushy tree that divides the fairway. It's a shorty hole at162 ft, but I was really stoked to have a strike. A doubles crew up on hole 5 saw it.

Was playing a local singles called the Hangover Classic on Jan 1; we play two of the toughest layouts in the area. Was on #17 at Valley Springs and we're playing the blues so you play the basket that's 200ft behind the basket you would normally play. Well to play this hole you pretty much have to throw to the first basket and then approach.

So I get up to throw and say, well I'm just going to throw right at the first basket and go from there cuz that's the only way I know to play it. I throw and ace the first basket which is technically a black ace but honestly I'm counting it. I said I was throwing at that basket and I did so it's an ace.

On Sunday two of my brothers and I were playing Bevier Park, we got to hole #5 my brother Jerry says that he is going to ace the hole before he throws. He throws a hyzer out around the trees in the fairway. i think he is going to be short but the disc hits chians than the basket or pole and out.:(

Earlier today, I was playing a quick 9 at Los Olivos in Phoenix. On hole 9 I threw the disc, and it was on the line for an ace, but at the last second a gust of wind pushed my disc down, and it went right under the basket. Grr.

Have never seen this thread before... Lol But summer 2012, Ann Morrison park here in Boise, hole 18 only a 210' shot. In front of the tee pad about 40 feet is a huge pine tree, then the pin is directly behind it 170' or so. Big anny shot for a left hander like myself. Pull out my crazy understable SSS Magic, put it on a nice anny line... it's flying through the air perfectly and I'm thinking to myself... it's going in.. ITS...GOING..... boom hits middle of the basket and flops to the ground. Would of been my second ace of the summer on that hole. Here's a decent picture of the hole from the tee pad so you can tell I'm not exaggerating about the big pine tree and pin directly behind it.
I3mgr.jpg

Crowley hole 6

It's a blind shot because you are below on a hill. So usually you will have your playing buddy behind you up on the hill to spot your shot. I throw my saint and it feels good. Buddy says you are going to like that. He said it hit about a foot behind and rolled over. I walk up. And just think what could of been

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 36
Highland Park, Joliet, IL.
Ran #5 a little too hard, apparently if you run the backside of the basket...you go down the death-hill and black ace hole 12. First black ace, although i've hit this one in tourney play. It really is funny if you look at the left line of both pins...too hot and its a good run at 12 :p

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3021

Annied my Northman down the left side fairway on this hole at Twin Creek today:
db9442e8.jpg

thought it was wide right, but when I got down there, I realized from its position (20 feet directly beyond the basket, on my line) it had to have come within 2 feet of the chains (maybe much less)! :\

Amazing - an entire thread about birdies.

So I get up to throw and say, well I'm just going to throw right at the first basket and go from there cuz that's the only way I know to play it. I throw and ace the first basket which is technically a black ace but honestly I'm counting it. I said I was throwing at that basket and I did so it's an ace.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. ;) Congrats, you called your layup.

We played a couple temp holes at our tourney last weekend, I threw a low hyzer and it skipped and hit the bottom of the basket. I'm 12

Veteran's Memorial DGC, Wadsworth, OH

Hole #3, 145'

Blind shot. Basket is tucked in on the left side, out of site.

I rip a firm VP like a bullet and it wraps perfectly around the corner for the most solid chain sound that you have ever heard. The other 4 members of my group are all 110% positive that it's an ace. I get high fives and even though it's a short hole I am still proud of my second ace.

Get down there, no disc in the basket, no disc on the ground, no disc anywhere! :confused:

Finally find it 30' away behind a downed tree. :doh:

72242947.jpeg

I actually kinda laughed about it. What else can you do?

I missed #12 at Flip City by an inch today! It was dead center, but high, flew right over the top of the basket and missed by an inch...then continued on down the hill behind it and onto #13's fairway. I managed to save par, but my legs were shaking for the next two holes...

Not only am I on a 6-year ace drought (I have ten, but 9 of those occurred in the '90s/early '00s when I was much younger and played almost every day), but a lot of my aces were flukes and this one was skillful and was doing exactly what I wanted it to do. Hyzer-flip-anhyzer with an Echo Roadrunner.

What a splendid day I had there to boot. Calm, sunny, 60 degrees and not one insect bite. Didn't want to leave.

Latest posts