• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

Hole 2 timmons park South carolina. Stepped up to second tee after being up 25 hours. Sent my opto pure down hill to hit the tree right side of the basket and bounce off the yellow ring into the water. Dang! I want that putter ace!!

OK... so this is actually a missed Cubby ace post, but hey... It's a missed ace thread anyway, right? :D

I was playing from the green tees at Knobley Mt. DGC. Hole #8, is a 165' hole, with at least a 20-25' drop in elevation. Generally I throw an Aviar P & A on the hole pretty flat to just get a little left fade at the end. It was windy today so I bumped my disc up to the Aviar Driver mold and threw with some hyzer due to a significant head wind coming up the hill. Well the wind turned my drive over anyway and I ended up 30' right of the basket.

This frustrated me so I decided to throw a Zone, too, for fun. I tried to duplicate the previous throw/motion as best I could to see what would happen. Well... with just 6" more elevation I'd have had a nice Cubby ace. The Zone flew perfectly through the wind and turned left at the perfect time, only to come up just a hair low. It was fun anyway and really interesting to see just how much better the Zone handles the wind than the big bead Aviar.

Pink line is the Aviar's path. Yellow is the Zone's.
picture.php

2 misses in 1 weekend. A-Tier event Shady Oaks, CA. Temp hole "B" - threw an F7 and missed the line a bit right but cleared the trees and came in right under the basket to strike the pole dead center. The spotter was on his feet hooting and clapping. Last shot of the tourney - hole 18 with a gallery along the road watching all the groups finish. I threw a 164 Star Tern (previous ace disc so why not?) hyzer flip laser that snapped straight and just left of my line then drifted perfectly to the right- in line with the basket. Landed soft about 10' short and skipped up to catch the underside of the basket. Ahhh well tap in bird to finish the weekend!

Hit the top of the basket on Saturday with a DGA Hurricane. About a 280' Big Hyzer. Of course, the ring cut a nice 3/4" gouge in the disc, so it's probably junk now. Costly deuce...

I played a two round points based tag league final at Burchfield Park. Short-Long round - I watch two MA1 players hit early trees on hole 8. They say, "it's up to you now." I nail the line with a Star Roc on a mild hyzer, and watch it skip off the crusty snow inches from chains.

Second round, short pads short baskets. Hole 8 again. I get my elbow up on the throw and laser a Comet right at it. I needed 18" of drift to the right to nail the chains dead center, but alas... I put in a fresh Z Comet for aesthetic reasons, and it holds dead straight and passes by, chain high.

19b61449.jpg

b25781bc.jpg

While this is now snow covered, the shot remains the same. Basket is blind from the tee...threw a G* Tern on a big sky, uphill anny and heard it hit chains. Thought for sure it was in...got to it, and it's standing up in the snow next to the basket on the right side, angled towards it. Blech.

i hit the top of the cookie with one of my putting wizards yesterday and it shaved almost the ENTIRE depth of the bead off for a good inch along the rim. i was pissed. i haven't thrown it again yet and it reminded me why i have putting wizards, driving wizards and approach wizards all in different plastics.

Missed one on short hole on Saturday. About 140 ft so I threw a nice little turnover with my polecat. Glide ever so softly towards the basket. I thought it was going in and then *clunk* hits the basket. Oh well, I'll just have to get it next time!

i hit the top of the cookie with one of my putting wizards yesterday and it shaved almost the ENTIRE depth of the bead off for a good inch along the rim. i was pissed. i haven't thrown it again yet and it reminded me why i have putting wizards, driving wizards and approach wizards all in different plastics.

Hate when that happens: gouged my go-to soft banger gt (an ace disc no less!) the same way on a long upshot this winter.

2 days ago playing harbin park hole 16 i threw a gstar roc3 and it hit the right side of chains and never stayed in.

That's a sweet hole there. I always try to ace run it. Nice shot, though. maybe next time!

Personally, neither was really likely to go in, but I had the right line twice in a round yesterday and hit the pin on the fly. The aces are lurking out there for us folks! Just gotta keep slinging plastic.

2 days ago playing harbin park hole 16 i threw a gstar roc3 and it hit the right side of chains and never stayed in.

I hit that one a few years back with a 2010 ace race disc. Flexed it right in there. Most of my aces are at thAt distance.

Hit the front of the cage solid about 3 inches low on a short ace run hole at my home course today. Would've been nice to drill that one in front of the good friends I had with me. Maybe I'm just saving 'em up for when there's an ace pot? :eek:

Have one ace.a wind drop unexpected hyzer right into the chains #15 bear creek park
Some chain outs:
New disc new hole,#16 lake park in lewisville threw a tern and it hit the tight line right to the chains and blew it out
3 on hole 17 bear creek park (dead center middle,left basket,under basket pole)tern,tee bird,tee bird
Hole 1 at bear creek park flick anny threw tree line hit chains no stick(escape)
Advanced tee hole 7 bear creek park (surge ss)
At least 2 times hole 4 bear creek park long position.this one makes me mad,230ft open field shot to the basket.tee and basket are diagonal to each other,elevation drops 3 ft right outside of the 30 ft circle
My friend aced this hole 2 times and mine just don't stick.

CE Teebird on a 290' shot, flipped it a little past flat, then watched it come back right into the top of the chains...and spit out.... 2 cubby aces, 3 basket hits, and that beauty...in the last 3 DAYS. GRRRR

Still looking for my first since starting to play a year ago.
Hit basket 4 times at one local course (TnTech Campus #2) hit basket and chains prob 6-10 times on TnTech Campus #8
Hit basket yesterday at TnTech #3
Hits basket 5 times at CaneCreek #9

Another Wedgie

Snow is melting - tee pads were clear - perfect day for a quick round at Kenneth Rosland in Edina, MN. Hole 3 - short downhill. Had the perfect line - just a couple inches low. Sad thing was that when I touched the disc it pushed through into the basket.....

Attachments

• 0328040748a.jpg
    0328040748a.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 35
Chain out on a dinker hole at Twin Creeks Red course today. Still fun to almost get another, ya know? :p

about 250-275 foot flick shot in owatonna mn i ran the basket and my ti wasp skipped off of the basket rim. took the two and still finished 2 under, but an ace woulda been nice to chalk up. and i probably will never play that course again in my life ha

Ace on the blind #17 hole at Valley View, I didn't hear chains and it took me a couple of minutes to find my Warship in the basket. Followed that up by grazing the chains on #18 with a Gator... 240 feet wide open.

Latest posts