• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MO Question.

sgamerp

Thanks, Dad
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
My dad lives in Northern MO, and I am drive from MI, we drive threw Hannibal and I was thinking of playing Huckleberry. I am going with my brother who doesn't Disc Golf, but will play with me because he is a nice guy. Is the the best course without getting out of the way?

When I try doing a road trip it doesn't show up even with 30 miles off route, but Googlemaps makes it seem like it's 10 minutes or so off 72.

I'm from hannibal and would have loved to help out with a round, but will be going to the KCWide Open this weekend so I wont be around. In this area, I'd say Huckleberry is the nicest course, and Palmyra is the most challenging (but no teepads and kinda tough to figure out if you dont have someone with you). Huckleberry is very well kept and easy enough to navigate. If you want a quick run down of the tricky navigation spots on the course let me know...there is a map of the course in the upper parking lot by the softball fields. Hole one is over by the armory. If you wanted to join the Huckleberry Disc Golf Club FB page you might be able to find someone else who's going to be going out that day. Hope I was helpful

I am not going anytime soon, but this is going to be kind of an ad hack thing, we are coming up on a friday and I told my brother would have to play, and then going to a baseball game on Saturday.

O well in that case send me a PM when you are planning it. In terms of closeness....72 runs to Springfield Il and kinda...ends on the other side of the river from hannibal...36 is what runs through hannibal. I dont know what you would call "in the area" but moberly has two really solid courses as well. I'd look at those and see which is closest to your destination

Huckleberry park is on 61 on the south west side of Hannibal. It is about 5 minutes off 36. (Which is what 72 turns into when you cross into MO. It's a fun little course.

There is another course in Palmyra just north of Hannibal that is a nice course as well. It's about 10 minutes from Hannibal.

24 is the disc golf hotbed in northern MO. Hannibal, Palmyra, Moberly, and Marshall all have courses. Also, Kirksville has a nice 9 hole course. The long course at Moberly is my favorite. If you play Palmyra, you might want a guide.