• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most iconic disc from each brand

I think it is a good sign when most of the answers are mids or putters. Brands should be built around their mids and putters because that's where you can pick up the most strokes. Drive for show, putt for dough.

Axiom: Envy
Daredevil: Timberwolf
DGA: Blowfly
Discmania: PD, P2
Discraft: Buzzz, Comet
Dynamic: Judge, Truth
Gateway: Wizard
Innova: Aviar, Roc, Teebird, Destroyer
Lat64: Pure, Saint, XXX
Legacy: Ghost
Millennium: Omega SS, JLS, OLF
MVP: Ion
Prodigy: M4, D1
RDG: Scale
Vibram: VP
Westside: Harp

Don't care about "icon" discs, here's what I like best from all I've thrown

Discraft - Drone, Venom
Innova - Aviar, Teebird, Valk
Lat64 - Sinus, Core, Striker, XXX
MVP - Anode
Millenium - OLF
Vibram - Lace
Gateway - Wizard
Lightning - #1 Hyzer (my first ace disc)

^Spirit! They are awesome. Their goofy OS discs are pretty decent in general.

Got rid of the little guys/ the companies that haven't been around long enough to have an iconic disc.

Innova: Roc, Aviar
Discraft: Buzzz
Latitude 64: Pure
Discmania: PD
Millennium: Omega
MVP: Ion
Legacy: Patriot

I always liked both the Element and the Element-X. I bagged them in Evo plastic, they were in my bag that got stolen :thmbdown:

Not exactly iconic molds, underrated might be more accurate.

I hear ya. My point was that Gateway has other discs, but we don't hear much of them at all.

Sorry to hear your bag was stolen. :(. May karma catch up to the filthy perp. :mad:

I wish gateway still made the old elementx. Some of the blends were awesome and they paired better with an element than a truth does a verdict.

Innova: Aviar, Roc, and Firebird (nearly every Innova player carries some form of these discs where the teebird/eagle kind of compete for the same spot in the bag and same for the destroyer/boss
Lat: River and Pure
DD: Judge and Truth
Discraft: Buzzz and Zone (until the Suspect and Harp, the Zone was maybe the most unique and useful disc from any manufacturer)
MVP: Volt
Prodigy: ?
Gateway: Is any company more associated with one disc than Gateway and the Wizard? Only companies that just make one disc.

Probably something with a letter followed by a number. Just sayin'

Yeah, I just don't know what would be iconic from them. I am sure that they make good discs and love the feel of 400 plastic, but just nothing comes to mind immediately when I think of their discs like with some other companies.

I wish gateway still made the old elementx. Some of the blends were awesome and they paired better with an element than a truth does a verdict.

They will be releasing a similar mid at some point in the future. The Karma currently features the Element X top but has the newer rounded inner rim.

Gateway will be releasing all of their mids with a conventional style inner rim next year.

I will also be tooling a new, more concave bottom to make each of them more overstable and feature a more prominent bead. This should make them more HSS and LSS :thmbup:

ABC: Flying Squirrel
Aerobie: Epic
Axiom: Crave
Ching: Tank, Juju
Crosslap: Credo
DGA: Blowfly, Gumbputt
Discraft: Buzzz, Zone, Flick
Dynamic: Truth, Judge
Destiny: Super Puppy
Hyzerbomb: Tank, Panzer
Innova: Firebird, Aviar, Roc, Rhyno
Kastaplast: Berg, Kaxe
Lat64: Bolt, Halo
Legacy: Ghost, Rival
Lightning: #1 Driver, #2 Roller
Millennium: Omega SS
MVP: Ion, Volt
Paradigm: Tiger
Prodigy: P3, M4
Quest: Turbo Putt, 10m Brick
RDG: Scale
Salient: Prometheus, Flatline
Vibram: Ridge
Westside: Hatchet, King
Wham-O: 86 Softie

Good list!

I tots to get some Paradigm Tigers, hard thing to do.

DGA: Hurricane
Discraft: Cyclone; Buzzz now but in the day Clones were Icons
Discmania: PD2 Chaos
Dynamic: Judge
Innova: Aviar, Roc,
Lat64: Halo
Legacy: Ghost
Lightning: U-2 Upshot
Millennium: QJLS
MVP: Ion (I want to say Tesla)