• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Irritating Question People Ask While Playing

when i throw and people say "with the left!" or something dumb regarding how im a lefty

of course i throw with the left you goddamn retard i've been throwing with my left hand every day we play

Last edited:
This is funny because I was so annoyed at the questions two OTHER guys were asking each other during a tournament round. I was playing MA1 in Cincy this past year and two of the better players in the tournament would ask each other what they were throwing and how they were going to throw it on literally every hole! I mean one of them would be on the pad taking a warmup swingthrough and the other would say," Hey how are you gonna throw this one?" I couldnt understand how THEY werent annoyed by this. The guy would reply," Oh I'm gonna release it flat and have it turnover behind that large tree." Unbelievable.

cocky people that my buddy invites to come play with us as they are picking up there phone and asking if we can hold on...:mad:I don't play with this guy too much anymore. If I do, I just want to win, forget the fun. all business today...yes sirrr!

The nerve of phone use during a round. should be forbidden and punishable with a hot piece of flying plastic to the head by the group in back of em.

I know it may sound stupid, but one of the guys I play with regularly always tries to keep everybody's score. We are always just playing casual rounds, and nobody we ever play with cares about the score. I always keep my own score card for myself going so that I can enter it on my scorebook here on dgcr, but I don't keep anyone else's score or even care how they are scoring. But it never fails that he asks me after every hole what I scored. It is so irritating. Then sometimes he will forget to keep score for a few holes and go and ask me what my scores were for the last four holes or something. I'm like:|:confused:

And the last one....not a question though

People trying to tell me I have to use a marker to mark my lie. I usually only use one if I am going to use the disc I just threw

The thing is, you don't even HAVE to use one as long as you're not using the same disc.

Who reaches for a Katana at a 250' hole?

:\

Come to lum park in Brainerd, MN.

For every one disc golfer there are 15 frolf punks. And these frolf punks are of the worst order you've ever seen. Before I started playing, a guy that won the annual Lum tourney was putting with distance drivers. Yea... It's bad man.

a guy that won the annual Lum tourney was putting with distance drivers. Yea... It's bad man.

i know people who do this. but its because they're of the mindset that one disc is enough. one guy regularly gets -5s and -9s (only throwing a star destroyer) and another guy usually scores par or close to (with a beat to hell dx beast). I swear i've never seen anything like em.

and to add another "im that guy" story... im the guy that asks them EVERY time, "how do you only use one disc?"

The thing is, you don't even HAVE to use one as long as you're not using the same disc.

Now lookit here son, in tourneys you have to use a mini after going OB, or if your disc is not on the playing surface.

cocky people that my buddy invites to come play with us as they are picking up there phone and asking if we can hold on...:mad:I don't play with this guy too much anymore. If I do, I just want to win, forget the fun. all business today...yes sirrr!

The nerve of phone use during a round. should be forbidden and punishable with a hot piece of flying plastic to the head by the group in back of em.

Our little group of friends calls it a cell phone penalty. Meaning, you can't stall, and when you get to your disc, you HAVE to throw it while on the phone :)

Our little group of friends calls it a cell phone penalty. Meaning, you can't stall, and when you get to your disc, you HAVE to throw it while on the phone :)

I sunk a 50' putt while talking on me mobile phone once. :cool: I was having a less than stellar round scoring wise so I was just playing casual and let it fly mid conversation.

Oh not an irritating question per se but I absolutely hate the over aggressive high five guy in the group. Please dude, just because my midrange grazed the chains on a 250' hole doesn't mean that I want my hand throbbing for the next 2 holes.

Last edited:
I would probably drive you insane, because I have almost instant amnesia about where a shot went unless I keep my eyes locked on the spot. If I bend down to pick up my bag, *poof*, the information is gone.

I usually find my disc by stepping off the likely distance rather than remembering which of 1,000 trees the disc landed near. Works pretty well, usually. I don't rely on others to find my discs, but certainly appreciate any help offered.

I'm with ya man. I try. keep my eye on the area while I"m walkin towards it. Then look down to not trip...and look up. Look around. Stand there for a second...dammit.:doh:

Anytime someone who never worked on a course starts a sentence like this: "Why didn't they...." or "Why did they do...." "We need more/better...." "What would be really cool is if "they" ...."

about the course design or maintenance.

And the last one....not a question though

People trying to tell me I have to use a marker to mark my lie. I usually only use one if I am going to use the disc I just threw

Now lookit here son, in tourneys you have to use a mini after going OB, or if your disc is not on the playing surface.

Now lookie here varmint! From his tone in the top post, it was implied he was in the fairway. [Stamps foot] On the ground. [Stamps foot again for effect] [Triggers landmine he just planted to dispatch a rabbit]

Or i love when I'm playing doubles league and casuals come to play (which i don't mind so much) and we start playing and ask if they can use one of my putters. I only have 2 putters, and love seeing my nicely beat in wizard "taco'd" into a tree. I'm a nice guy and let them use it but man does it suck!

no one has ever asked to use one of my discs. I keep a second bag in the car, if they carry it all round they can use anything out of it, but once I start my round, only I throw discs out of my bag.

Man, there are some angry Discgolfers here!

I am curious, though, what constitutes being a noob?

man there are some really anti social people out there!!

i don't care what you ask me or want to talk about...as long as its not while i am shooting!!!

Whats the most irritating question you guys get asked while playing with strangers or a tourney.

For me would be...."What was that you threw?"...... I don't mind it every once in a while because I as well like to know what other people are throwing but it seems lately I've come in contact where after every drive or up shot i get asked the same dame question.

Did you know that in golf competition it is a 2 stroke penalty for a player to ask another player that question?

Maybe you should lobby to get that rule into the PDGA rulebook. :hfive:

Man, there are some angry Discgolfers here!

I am curious, though, what constitutes being a noob?

76 posts :D

I think you are safe with 13 years experience.

This is what a noob is to me:
A noob is someone who throws a speed 12 driver and when it only goes 200 feet they go out and buy a speed 13 to get more distance.
A noob often still curls their arm like a frisbee and throws high.
A noob does not know the difference between hyzer and anhyzer
A noob is still unfamiliar with the rules and common courtesies of disc golf.
A noob will throw a groove.

76 posts :D

I think you are safe with 13 years experience.

This is what a noob is to me:
A noob is someone who throws a speed 12 driver and when it only goes 200 feet they go out and buy a speed 13 to get more distance.
A noob often still curls their arm like a frisbee and throws high.
A noob does not know the difference between hyzer and anhyzer
A noob is still unfamiliar with the rules and common courtesies of disc golf.
A noob will throw a groove.
So you're a n00b?

Latest posts