• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

Just perused the entire thread, skimming more rapidly on the last few pages. Did not notice the Star FL get mentioned as an underrated disc. I threw one for a while (recording 2 aces) & pulled it out of the bag, thinking there was a redundancy with the Vibram Ascent. Started throwing the FL again recently and asked myself the age old question, "Why did I take you out of the bag?"

DX Firebird.

Speed of a Firebird, glide of a TeeBird, with fade somewhere between both. They're very straight with fade. It's like having a Champ TeeBird with the grip of DX. I get asked about mine all the time, people usually mistake it for a TeeBird. Plus, they're not hard to find flat. I've been throwing the same one for over a year and it still isn't ready to be swapped out yet.

I'm also a fan of dx firebird. It's a sweet stamp too, but that had nothing to do with the awesomeness of the disc really. I've only been throwing a dx firebird for two months. It's straightened out even more but when it slows down still has good fade. And the glide! I can't wait to see what a beat to rubbish dx firebird becomes. My bet is a finesse and hyzer flip king!

Any love for the Discraft MRX? It has been my go-to mid for over ten years now. I wanted to cry when I lost it at a tournament (only to find it again during the second round)

Just perused the entire thread, skimming more rapidly on the last few pages. Did not notice the Star FL get mentioned as an underrated disc. I threw one for a while (recording 2 aces) & pulled it out of the bag, thinking there was a redundancy with the Vibram Ascent. Started throwing the FL again recently and asked myself the age old question, "Why did I take you out of the bag?"

I second you on the FL, great stable driver for low ceiling shots. Not a bomber disc, not much float to it, but on a windy day this disc will be your friend with out ballooning away.

I bag an Archangel :sick:, I know, it a woosy disc, but it has nice glide and a consistent turn for 150-250' shots.

I have 2 discs in mind.

1 is the Swan. I don't hear a lot about them and after using them as my main putting putters for a while I would have to say it's the best putter I have ever used. If they ever decide to discontinue them I will be buying a stockpile.

my 2nd one is the Rhyno. I know there is a small following with the Rhyno,but you don't see people using them much anymore. Rhyno can do it all Turnovers,Straight Shots,fading shots,forehand putts and turbo putts. If you have ever had trouble with a Turbo putt find yourself a soft Pro Rhyno and start working with it. I feel the Rhyno is the best Turbo Putter on the market.

I bag an Archangel :sick:, I know, it a woosy disc, but it has nice glide and a consistent turn for 150-250' shots.

I, too, have been using an Archangel. An XT version. The XT tacos, but bends back.

I have 2 discs in mind.

1 is the Swan. I don't hear a lot about them and after using them as my main putting putters for a while I would have to say it's the best putter I have ever used. If they ever decide to discontinue them I will be buying a stockpile.

my 2nd one is the Rhyno. I know there is a small following with the Rhyno,but you don't see people using them much anymore. Rhyno can do it all Turnovers,Straight Shots,fading shots,forehand putts and turbo putts. If you have ever had trouble with a Turbo putt find yourself a soft Pro Rhyno and start working with it. I feel the Rhyno is the best Turbo Putter on the market.

Maybe it's regional but I see a lot of Rhynos in Ohio and Kentucky.
The Gateway Spirit is very underrated.

I, too, have been using an Archangel. An XT version. The XT tacos, but bends back.

I have an XT Archangel, as well. Used to really like it, now I loan it to noobies when they come to play with my group. But that's because I outgrew it, not because of the XT plastic...

Resistor. Super flat, flies like a Banshee. Can get them out almost as far as a firebird

I'll say the discraft impact. haven't seen anybody throw them here since the ace race. so much glide and hold any line u put em on, good woodsy course disc...

How about the Latitude Riot? I have one in Opto, and use it for into-the-wind shots. It holds up well to the wind, and has a natural low flight. All around a great driver that you rarely hear about.

In the real world, not the dgcr world, I'd say the comet. I'm pretty sure I've only ever seen one other person that had one in his bag.

In all fairness, I don't see much Discraft at all.

Latest posts