• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most used golf movie quote on the course?

GorillaTactics

Eagle Member
What golf movie lines do you guys drop with regularity while out throwing a round?

My most common would probably have to be Happy Gilmore's:

"SON OF A BITCH [DISC] WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO HOME!!! THAT'S YOUR HOME!!! ARE YOU TOO GOOD FOR YOUR HOME?!?!?! ANSWER ME!!!! SUCK MY WHITE ASS, [DISC]!!!"

It's not often that I use the Full Version, unless it's a particularly frustrating spit-out. Usually just the part about the disc sucking my ass, or the part about why don't you just go to your home.

Caddyshack's "ITS IN THE HOOOOOOLE!" is a classic, too. So is "RATFARTS!!" from the same movie. Haha. Thinking of that preacher getting struck by lightning is putting a huge poop eating grin on my face.

Let's hear 'em.

For some reason Brad and I started quoting johnny depp in fear and loathing. Anytime we want a disc to land somewhere well yell "get down ya big focker"

Or caddyshack quotes. Especially nananananananana

GorillaTactics said:
ARE YOU TOO GOOD FOR YOUR HOME?!?!?! ANSWER ME!!!!

Caddyshack's "ITS IN THE HOOOOOOLE!"

These are the two most common.
But occasionally I'll revert to Happy Gilmore's "Just tap it in. Just taaapp it in. Give it a little tappy."

I've heard all those lines on the course except for the Fear and Loathing ones. Good call.

Another one is Quagmire from Family Guy when he plays golf.

Caddyshack is a gold mine. Just quoting Carl Spackler alone accounts for about 70% of my conversation on the golf course. Along with the already mentioned "IT'S IN THE HOLE.," I regularly use:

"Bark like a dog. "

"Cinderella story. Outta nowhere."

"We can do that; we don't even have to have a reason."

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations."

"This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt."

And my person favorite:

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? "Gunga galunga"... "Gunga, gunga-galunga." So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me. Which is nice."

All in all, this may help explain why my so-called friends are always "busy" when I'm looking to play a round... :?

We quote Wii golf

"nice on!"
"nice approach!"

And our in-group line "was looking good till it hit that tree", as we play at a very woodsy course

also on occasion I've said the big lebowski line "obviously you are not a golfer"... not a golf movie but a golf line

Whenever one of us shanks a throw the most common thing you'll here us chant is "Just a bit outside" which I bellieve came from Major League.

noonan :)

I also am a huge fan of the original nintendo golf lines like...."that'll play" and "get theere" and let's not forget "you're dancin"

Favorite golf movie of all time "The greatest game ever played" great flick

Peace
Scott

Probably the only Caddy Shack quote we use in our group is "RAT FARTS!!!!"

There was this mini golf course here in Colorado on Sheridan and like 90th. On the final hole you would shoot into a Sphinx looking thing and if you made it,
"GOOOOOD SHOOOOOOT HOOOOOOOLE IN OOOOOONNNNEEEEE."

None of us have an ace, but we still abuse that line.

Oh almost forgot, more than anything we say to each other, "That'll do pig, that'll do."

Not from a movie but a couple of simple Seinfeld quotes are pretty common

"thats a shame"

"thats not going to be good for business."

"juuuuust a bit outside"

"oh, you like that? plenty more where that came from YEAH!"

if someone says "its a little short", one of my friends always says "yeah well youre a little fat"...i think its from camp nowhere

other than that, an endless barrage of happy gilmore, billy madison, and dumb and dumber quotes thrown in all the time

disctribution said:
Whenever one of us shanks a throw the most common thing you'll here us chant is "Just a bit outside" which I bellieve came from Major League.

We use major league quite a bit also. juuust a bit outside. He tried the corner and missed
A buddy and I play alot of doules with a couple other friends and whenever I look at my bag a little too long before i grab a disc and tee off he'll give me the forget the cute stuff Ricky, give 'em the heater

Latest posts