• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Msarimaa's bag

Msarimaa

Hello everybody! :p

I'm starting to play advanced amateurs next year (hopefully) and want to see if you guys have some suggestions/critique for my bag.

Putters:
Pure (zero) - Putts and turnover drives
Pure (grip) - Drives and upshots
Ion (first run?) - Drives and upshots, long putts
all 172 grams

Mids:
Fuse 175g GL - Annys, turnovers hyzerflips
2x Opto Cores 175g - Almost everything
Opto Pain 175g - wind, hyzers, skiphots flexshots

Drivers:
River 172g GL - Annys, turnovers, short control drives (learning rollers)
Striker 167g GL - Straight, control shots, hyzers
Pd 171g C-line second run - Straight, control shots, hyzers, wind, fore
XXX Opto - Utility
Boatman 173g tournament - Wind, long hyzerbombs, (learning forehand with it)
Sword 172g GL - Go to distance driver
Sword 172g VIP - More stable, distance shots where stability is needed, fore

So how about it?

-edit, added forehands

All first run IONs were blue with an orange/red overmold and weighed in the region of 165, so yours is not a first run.

That looks like a solid bag, can't really see anything truly wrong with it. I'm not sure you need both the Grip Pures and the ION, the ION would suffice, maybe add a more overstable putter if you feel like it (not a necessity, but nice to have sometimes), but other than that... Nope, seems solid.

And welcome to the boards. =)

Ok, my ION has the texture on the bottom... Have thought about the overlap and I just use either one depending on the day. Any suggestions for a more overstable putter?

Another thing I've been considering is adding one faster/longer understable disc, maybe Vision or Northman.

Thanks, been stalking here whole summer!

Hold on to that textured bottom ION (or sell it to me), those things fly different from the newer ones and will never be seen again once they're gone. =) I pair my IONs with a basic JOKERi from Prodiscus, it's more wind resistant and hard to turn over, while it still won't fade too hard. The Premium JOKERi has a bit more LSS so you might like that better, depending on your preferences. They're also probably the best FH putters around.

I had a beat Opto Vision in my bag and it was really flippy, and my friend had a GL Vision that was totally insane. If you need lots and lots of turn the Vision or Roadrunner are probably your best choices, personally I'd go with the Roadrunner though. What's your power level? Depending on how far you can throw, how clean your form is and exactly how much turn you're looking for you might also like a CFR C-TD or a gummy S-TD.

Tervetuloa. Second run Northmen don't turn. Thinner first runs do. Also check the PLH. There was a run of Visions that are not understable. Some S TDs are straight and some turn. All Roadrunners turn to my knowledge.

JR said:
Tervetuloa. Second run Northmen don't turn. Thinner first runs do. Also check the PLH. There was a run of Visions that are not understable. Some S TDs are straight and some turn. All Roadrunners turn to my knowledge.
My very domey first run Northmen turn lots. Straight Vision fly pretty much like straight S-TDs. Stiff S-TDs are straight, gummy ones are understable, most if not all straight rimmed (patent number) C-TDs turn more than other TDs, all Roadrunners turn after you break them in. When new some are surprisingly stable.

I can throw 100m/330ft comfortably, max golf distance on level ground at least with some consistency maybe 115m/380ft.

I had a C-TD for a while, but it wasn't flippy enough for that role, pretty straight disc for me(no clue which run though).

Do you remember if it was slanted? But yeah, TD's aren't that flippy anyways, you need to beat them quite a bit before they're as flippy as for example a Roadrunner. Go get one of those, they're great understable drivers. If you want something shorter/slower a Leopard is always good.

I try to steer clear of Innova :p, Discmania isn't a problem though. I dont have anything against them, it's just personal preference...

Any particular reason? =)

Visions will be flippy, unless you get really unlucky and get one of the stable ones. Check PLH before buying.

jubuttib said:
Any particular reason? =)

Visions will be flippy, unless you get really unlucky and get one of the stable ones. Check PLH before buying.

I'd like to see your FR Northman PLH compared to mine, because in calm weather a flat shot at full power with my 154 Northman excessively domey does not turn always and when it does it is always under two degrees. 163 needs my error to turn in calm conditions.

Well it's way lower PLH, that's for sure. My form ain't that bad. =)

I played with Innova since 2004 and just wanted to try other brands, now I'm having a fully Scandinavian bag =) expect the ION of course... :lol:
I like to support Latitude, Westside, Prodiscus and Discmania.

Bag for 2013 starting to form... How's this?

Putters
2x Pures for putting and approach. (1 eze 1 beat zero)
1xOpto Pure for drives and approaches.
2x Basic Jokeris for wind, more stable drives and fores

Midranges
Not entirely sure about these yet...
1xGl Fuse
1x Opto Core (love this particular disc, + it's loooong. Sometimes flips too easily)
2x Z-buzzz (don't have these yet, but loved the one I lost)
1x Opto Pain

Fairways
1x GL River, about 170g
1-2x Opto River 175g
1-2x Star Eagle x (Same story as with the buzzes)
1x Opto XXX

Distance
C-PD 2nd run Beat up 172g Great for anything but moderate or bigger headwind.
S-PD 175g Seasoning this1 for workhorse driver
C-PD huklab 3rd run

2x Vip Sword newish and seasoned for controlled distance when my PDs aren't enough
2x GL Villain for wind and big hazers, 167g and max weight.

For fun
Blizzard Ape 150g
Z-Nuke 175g

Do any of your drivers turn quickly to the right for longer annies or Fuse distance but from stand stills? Otherwise all of those should cover every imaginable line. You can only tell by throwing with that bag in the summer if it is overkill because you might be able to trim some discs from there but only you can tell based on the curses and conditions you play in.

Latest posts