• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP/Axiom overmold separating from core?

TheSecondZ

Bogey Member
From skipping along the ground, it appears a good amount of dirt got in between the core and the overmold of my Axiom Envy, which made the overmold plastic bulge a bit. I was able to take a thin blade to remove the dirt, but there is still a small separation between the two layers of plastic (see attached photo)

Has anyone ever experienced this? Should I put a little superglue and reattach it, or will it make no difference in the flight?

Attachments

• 20201227_121501.jpg
    20201227_121501.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 99
If it were my disc, I would keep using it as is, in order to find out how it holds up. Will it continue to separate more?

That's interesting. I've thrown exclusively gyro for a few years now and have never seen this before.

Is that neutron plastic?

I would probably super glue it myself, otherwise it will likely fill up with dirt over and over.....

Years ago I started a thread regarding nature's abuse on a Proton Anode...this is when very few MVP molds existed and Axiom wasn't around yet. Didn't take long for a couple of those gaps to form being left outside. Months later they hadn't grown FWIW. It flew with a bit less glide but I wouldn't blame that on the separation - figured it was due to moisture/saturation.

That's interesting. I've thrown exclusively gyro for a few years now and have never seen this before.

Is that neutron plastic?

Yes, Neutron plastic. Based on throwing it later today, it doesn't seem to affect the flight, but like someone else said, it'll inevitably fill up with dirt again. I may try to seal it with some superglue then

Yes, Neutron plastic. Based on throwing it later today, it doesn't seem to affect the flight, but like someone else said, it'll inevitably fill up with dirt again. I may try to seal it with some superglue then

Had the disc frozen recently? Or been subject to extreme temperature change?

Not that anyone will ever check but fixing it with glue would make it illegal for PDGA competition (which may or may not matter to you to begin with).

not familiar with mvp are they using light weight discs then adding the rubber to edge for weight/gyro looks like they chew up too

not familiar with mvp are they using light weight discs then adding the rubber to edge for weight/gyro looks like they chew up too

I don't own any MVP drivers, only putters. But on my putters the overmolded material holds up very well. It doesn't chew up at all. It's firmer than the core material on my soft neutron and just plain neutron discs