• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matrix is a vector without a bead. Since it is beadless it "feels" faster. Otherwise the difference in flight is almost negligible.
For me the Matrix and Vector are an apples and oranges comparison. They are nothing alike other than they are both mids. A beadless Vector is an Axis

Just threw the Signal for the first time. Holy hell.

I could work some awesome smooth hyzers with it and was amazed how far it would go at a very low power level. As soon as I wanted to throw it over 200' I had little to no idea where it was headed...sometimes it'd hyzerflip to flat, ride straight, turn right (RHBH), and fade. Other times it would hyzerflip to turn and burn with very similar release angles and power, and other times it wouldn't even flatten out and would just hold the hyzer. Tried to throw it over 400' with a strong tail/crosswind but even then it almost barrel rolled.

The one awesome thing today was it flew like an Epic - thumber on a 30ish foot drop (300' hole roughly) and it barrel rolled into flying flat like an ordinary shot. Went 50' past the basket but hey it was fun to watch?

I bought it for no good reason so I have nothing to complain about but MAN I've never struggled so hard to control a disc in all my years of playing. $5 gets this shipped to your door...

I could work some awesome smooth hyzers with it and was amazed how far it would go at a very low power level. As soon as I wanted to throw it over 200' I had little to no idea where it was headed...sometimes it'd hyzerflip to flat, ride straight, turn right (RHBH), and fade. Other times it would hyzerflip to turn and burn with very similar release angles and power, and other times it wouldn't even flatten out and would just hold the hyzer. Tried to throw it over 400' with a strong tail/crosswind but even then it almost barrel rolled.

The one awesome thing today was it flew like an Epic - thumber on a 30ish foot drop (300' hole roughly) and it barrel rolled into flying flat like an ordinary shot. Went 50' past the basket but hey it was fun to watch?

I bought it for no good reason so I have nothing to complain about but MAN I've never struggled so hard to control a disc in all my years of playing. $5 gets this shipped to your door...
Thats what makes it so awesome. If you have no side arm it's a necessity for a gyro bag. In the woods around here I probably use mine more than my relay.

I agree the gentle and finesse shots were super fun! Won't deny that for a second...I'm just SO comfortable throwing a Buzzz or Drone in these situations that it's answering a problem I don't have.

Yeah dude I don't think it's for 400' players.. But then again I found it kind of squirrely too on short holes. Is it a lighter one? I got a red Switch here that might fill the bill probably 12 bucks to ship to Canada if you decide you hate it I'd trade ya.

Yeah dude I don't think it's for 400' players.. But then again I found it kind of squirrely too on short holes. Is it a lighter one? I got a red Switch here that might fill the bill probably 12 bucks to ship to Canada if you decide you hate it I'd trade ya.

I was throwing it quite gently most of the round...only really ripped on it twice and both times I figured a very strong wind would help nullify the understability. Also my internet distance is more like 550' :cool: All joking aside, someone that can throw far can absolutely utilize one - weird stances, bad footing, crutch for a bad FH or BH, stuff like that.

I appreciate the Switch offer but no thank you. It's a swirly light blue no stamp 171.4 - I'll send it to ya for whatever shipping to Canadialand is! Not concerned about a profit or anything in return:thmbup:

That's a very generous offer your throwing out there Grip, good on ya.

I feel like I would have similar experiences to yours with it.

I like Craves and Stags for my less stable shots and they aren't really flippy. You can make a Crave do almost anything you want it to with the right angle though.

All joking aside, someone that can throw far can absolutely utilize one - weird stances, bad footing, crutch for a bad FH or BH, stuff like that.

Yep, that's exactly right. I use mine explicitly for goofy rollers, steep uphill turnovers, and especially flicks around corners when you're stuck on the left side of the fairway and need to go hard left. Unless you max out around 225' the Signal is not meant to be thrown for hardly any conventional BH/FH lines.

Yep, that's exactly right. I use mine explicitly for goofy rollers, steep uphill turnovers, and especially flicks around corners when you're stuck on the left side of the fairway and need to go hard left. Unless you max out around 225' the Signal is not meant to be thrown for hardly any conventional BH/FH lines.

He said someone that throws far.... :popcorn: :D

what mvp flies closest to an old pfn (blunt nose era) of sidewinders

fh and bh

A good amp which can be a weird mold so little slower but id go switch otherwise axiom inspire.

You might like the inspire/switch. Slower vs insanity/inertia but more workable. Ive kind of forgot about those discs with the relay. You would like those both better for FH and BH tho.

Last edited:
A good amp which can be a weird mold so little slower but id go switch otherwise axiom inspire.

amps suck you saw my red one its nothing near a sidewinder, were talking sw that have a touch of turn minimal fade and decently wind resistant. the switch is terrible and like an eagle

maybe im still chasing what will never be again...

In theory, it would be the Virus. But from what I have seen of that mold, good luck finding two that fly the same lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.