• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my medium Electron Ion was much firmer than it is now I don't think it would pass the PDGA flex test. :\

Funny what we think of as firm. I would say that regular Electron is firm, but not stiff, if that makes sense. But I know that when most players think firm, they're thinking hard plastic that doesn't give under thumb pressure.
exactly. This is how I feel too. Playing this weekend with my new electron Ion and its not board stiff, but is stiff enough to give a sharp rap when knocking on it. I realize that is a totally weird indicator, but it made me think that it wasn't truly gummy and I'm curious to see how the firm fares.

Speaking of electron ions, how many people are using these as their putting putter? I'm one of the people patiently waiting for firm electron. Not a ton of chatter about the regs. I know a bunch of people here throw premium plastic putters but I still thought a base plastic ion would be bigger than it is.

Speaking of electron ions, how many people are using these as their putting putter? I'm one of the people patiently waiting for firm electron. Not a ton of chatter about the regs. I know a bunch of people here throw premium plastic putters but I still thought a base plastic ion would be bigger than it is.
I do, but only for putting and short approaches. I cant power grip an ion, just feels weird...

I tried them, but just couldn't get comfortable with putting with an Ion. I'm an Anode guy for putting. Seems funny because how different are they, really, but for me I can tell a difference around circle's edge, especially.

I'm actually putting with RDG Serpents right now, until they get around to molding up Anodes in med and/or firm Electron (maybe, that is. I'm starting to really like the Serpent for putting.)

I had about a month of great putting with serpents but I've been bouncing around between that, an atom, colt, and wizard. Apparently can't really decide on the feel or profile I want. Lol

I had about a month of great putting with serpents but I've been bouncing around between that, an atom, colt, and wizard. Apparently can't really decide on the feel or profile I want. Lol

I love the Serpent, My main putter is and will be the Pa3, but I like to have a handful with me for other circumstances. Actually I putt depending on situation. But yeah I use a Serpent and Pa3 the most, occasional Pa4 or Atom. The Envy is more of a thrower, but I just like electron so much i want it in other discs. :hfive:

That's what I'm using for my Winter/MVP bag. I don't power grip it either b/c I have lots of proton Ions for that and Electron is more expensive than I'd like to smash into trees with. I've been putting fine with it.

Anyone that likes Serpents (RDG top/Magic bottom) should look into Element Plutoniums (RDG top/Voodoo bottom). Putts a lot like the Serpent (awesomely) but the more rounded rim feels better to those that prefer Voodoo/Anode/Challenger types.

I putt with Soft Electron Ions. Really happy with them.

Don't worry the next release will be awesome... Believe me

Lever: OS Mid
Sloth: OS putter
Firm Electron
Anodes and Envys in Electron... All three types

...and Eclipse for everyone!

..WARNING.. The above statement may have been fictionalized for dramatic effect...

Don't worry the next release will be awesome... Believe me

Lever: OS Mid
Sloth: OS putter
Firm Electron
Anodes and Envys in Electron... All three types

...and Eclipse for everyone!

Brought to you by a DeLorean from 2038

Well I got stocked up for a while with today's shipment! Got a bunch of testers today from MVP....

2x Nitro
2x Catalyst
2x Octane
1 Signal
3x Matrix
1x Watermelon Theory
1x Plasma Theory
2x Defy
2x Vanish
1x Proton Thrill
1x Plasma Envy
1x Plasma Proxy
2x Electron Spin

Any suggestions for what to test out first? Leaning towards the Matrix because its very comfortable. Makes me want to give a Matrix / Theory midrange combo a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.