• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axis is probably the most "in between" those two but a matrix might fit as well. Depends on preference in feel. Matrix will have a bit more finish in my experience

"I want to crank on it" means Vector. Axis is also fine when new, but they'll be more wiggle room as it seasons, with higher speed throws.

Edit: Just read the post again. I'd go Axis.

I totally forgot about Matrix. I have field work to do now. I might have to artificially flatten a vector though.

I totally forgot about Matrix. I have field work to do now. I might have to artificially flatten a vector though.
The Axis is an extremely rewarding disc to throw. Very responsive to angles. People who down talk the Axis just haven't figured it out. Get an Eclipse if you want just a hair more stability to start with.

The Matrix is a very comfortable disc but it couldn't find room in the bag alongside my Vector / Axis combo.

The Axis is an extremely rewarding disc to throw. Very responsive to angles. People who down talk the Axis just haven't figured it out. Get an Eclipse if you want just a hair more stability to start with.

The Matrix is a very comfortable disc but it couldn't find room in the bag alongside my Vector / Axis combo.

i was around when the axis was released its not that i havent figured it out but rather know of a great mold that does what the axis does and better one of my friends throws the axis as his main mids so anytime i want to revisit it i can there just is better on the market if the buzz was taken away i def wouldnt settle on the axis as my benchwarmer replacement hell its not even in the ballpark tbh

The Matrix would be a Roc/Wasp killer if it was made in better plastic. Fission or Plasma...yummm

I'm about to order a couple of MVPs(want to try a limit and maybe Proton Fireball), and thought maybe it would be good to revisit an MVP midrange.

I tried the Axis, Vector and Tangent and was closest to gelling with the Vector but it didn't fly as good as the Bard or me. Would the Matrix or maybe a P Vector be worth a shot.

Here's my experiences with the Matrix: Best feeling mid in the hand I've held, mine started on the stable side but when got worn became more neutral flight while retaining some nice fade.

Envy and Matrix do my approach game, I grab Matrix when I feel Envy would turn over.

^ I don't understand this at all. The Matrix has always shown turn for me when the Envy does not. Matrix is closer to a Buzzz and the Envy is closer to a Roc in flight in my experience.

^ I don't understand this at all. The Matrix has always shown turn for me when the Envy does not. Matrix is closer to a Buzzz and the Envy is closer to a Roc in flight in my experience.

Yeah the matrix when first release if flatter and lighter seemed very Z buzzz-esq. Heavier ones were more LSS and once beat showed some turn vs a buzzz. Not as OS as I expected when released at all.

Vector is the roc(3) ;) envy or lil roc? Lol. Proxy is the lil buzzz. Will have an alias soon and elmex and i will battle it out with his buzzz.

Here's my experiences with the Matrix: Best feeling mid in the hand I've held, mine started on the stable side but when got worn became more neutral flight while retaining some nice fade.

Envy and Matrix do my approach game, I grab Matrix when I feel Envy would turn over.

Envy turn over? What? Are you throwing it 500 foot. This does not compute.

I have a beat to h3ll 4 year old Envy that is still has fade....and no turn

The Matrix shows more high speed turn for sure.

So there still isn't a mid other than the Alias or Vector worth trying?

So there still isn't a mid other than the Alias or Vector worth trying?

Well matrix isnt a bad mold but my domey vectors are more LSS by a good bit and only turn when you get oaty with the big bead.

I bag a theory these days. Not sure you need 1 with FH game but it is a must in the wooded courses around here and my hyzerflip BH.

All the MVP mids have worked fine for me and depending how my putter game was or driver setup and distance i could see bagging more just dont need them.

Well matrix isnt a bad mold but my domey vectors are more LSS by a good bit and only turn when you get oaty with the big bead.

I bag a theory these days. Not sure you need 1 with FH game but it is a must in the wooded courses around here and my hyzerflip BH.

All the MVP mids have worked fine for me and depending how my putter game was or driver setup and distance i could see bagging more just dont need them.

It really is tricky when you have the Envy/Proxy/Atom that can out distance some miss anyway I guess.

Maybe I'll just buy some more of those lol.

Envy turn over? What? Are you throwing it 500 foot. This does not compute.

I have a beat to h3ll 4 year old Envy that is still has fade....and no turn

The Matrix shows more high speed turn for sure.

Well those are my experiences.

1) Punished 171g plasma Envy
2) 177g newer Matrix
3) Bad form.

Oh and I dont throw far, I use Envy up to maybe 230 feet and after that Matrix till around 260.

Most about form issues and how discs fit into hand I guess

I've never seen turn from my neutron envys when thrown bh even out to 300ft. I have 2 proton matrix both 170+ and they are both super straight. On throws from 280 to maybe 310 they have 0 turn and barely fade left. On longer throws they fly straight until a very late and gradual finish to the right. I would love to find one with the same straight flight but a more consistent fade. Until then I'll carry my md4 next to my matrix.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think the Plasma Envys are more prone to developing some high speed turn. I have had a Neutron Envy in the bag since first release. It has been well seasoned (main thrower for a couple of years) and is my primary putter, but I will still rip on it once in a while if there is no danger of chunking it on a rock/tree and it is absolutely dead straight on a full rip. I have a Plasma that has now been my most thrown disc (basically everything under 250') for at least two years now and it will definitely drift right (RHBH) and not fade at all on any throw with more than 200' power unless thrown nose up.

I have not messed around with Proxies at all because I feel like my seasoned Plasma Envy is a Proxy. But I'm definitely ready for a fresh N Envy.

Status
Not open for further replies.