• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about if they did something in the 24.5mm class in fission and got the weights down... I love me some thick rims but really I'm pushing my luck with anything over speed 11.. I'd love a 160 Fission Teleport etc..

I'd just love more fission period. Really love that plastic. Upset that I only own a volt in it. I'd love a few other options. Even like mid-max weight mids in it. Or like a 140 fiz ion would be super fun

Yeah it is real nice plastic, kind of soft neutron only Grippier.. And decent durability and what I imagine/hear is a faster wear in.. I've only got the two so far....used.. And sweet!!!!

That light Photon really is special for a 350' thrower.

I just started switching all my Innova molds over to MVP/axiom. It's been fun finding replacements and learning new possibilities. I believe in Gyro. Clash has surprised me the most... It's basically a better teebird. I didn't think that was possible.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I just started switching all my Innova molds over to MVP/axiom. It's been fun finding replacements and learning new possibilities. I believe in Gyro. Clash has surprised me the most... It's basically a better teebird. I didn't think that was possible.

i wouldnt throw mvp mids tho be careful

I haven't been real impresses with either the Crave or Clash.

i personally really like the clash and would throw one if I didnt have a beat resistor, the problem is there is inconsistency in the molds because i have another one that i dont like at all. The "good one" i have is easily a contender for a teebird-like slot. I pick the Servo over the clash, but even my most recent servo i bought had to send pictures and email MVP directly to prove how bad it was, the one servo i had is flippy and the servo MVP sent me (same plastic just a different color) after reviewing evidence was about 1cm higher PLH and is straight with a nice forward fade.. i love the replacement they sent me, but it was a hassle.

Im to the point where i will NOT buy ANY discs online, especially on FB anymore, i would rather travel over an hour away to a shop that carries a lot of MVP so i can compare dome/plh on a table before i buy. and I have noticed tons of variation in MVP, and any other brands molds, even different colors of the same plastics can be drastically different.. obviously different plastics are going to be different.

A trend im noticing is people buy a bunch of discs and they compare all the PLH or sometimes even go throw them in a field once or twice to make sure they fly as expected and any that dont fly right they just dump on facebook for $2 less than retail.

All that said, when i find good MVP runs they are amazing and i love throwing their discs after trying just about everything out there the past few years.

How about if they did something in the 24.5mm class in fission and got the weights down... I love me some thick rims but really I'm pushing my luck with anything over speed 11.. I'd love a 160 Fission Teleport etc..
would love this as well. I am a 150 thrower and there is nothing faster then the wave. Not that I really have the arm for anything fasted but would like the option. Did recently pick up a 150 proton defy and that is a money FH disc.

would love this as well. I am a 150 thrower and there is nothing faster then the wave. Not that I really have the arm for anything fasted but would like the option. Did recently pick up a 150 proton defy and that is a money FH disc.

I'd get behind that but I'm partial to the fission Photon... I didn't even think to look at fission Axiom.. Good thing the orders already in the mail.. I'd sure like to find a 160ish fission Photon but all I've seen is 143, 155 and then 167 odd weight groupings.... But really I need to throw what I have, I might dabble in the Vanish next or a plasma Inertia mid 160's.. But again I just gotta throw what I have haha.. Theres no magic MVP driver I don't have that will add 50'. Vanish and Photon are top noodle arm drivers and I think I can probably get my Wave straight and powered up this year but it's a lot like my Inertias

Now as far as the Crave goes.. I really like mine as a workhorse fairway.. Nothing spectacular or exciting but spectacularly consistent.

I might dabble in the Vanish next... Vanish and Photon are top noodle arm drivers and I think I can probably get my Wave straight and powered up this year but it's a lot like my Inertias

I've got a Vanish in my bag and was pretty enamored with it for a while, but I'm starting to realize that it's tough to throw a high speed driver accurately if it's that flippy. I've had some fantastic drives with it, but it's a difficult disc to dial in. It can easily be overpowered if you don't give it enough hyzer, but it can also prematurely fade out if you try to finesse it too much.

It's nice to have the Vanish in the bag for winter golf since it doesn't require much power. But this spring I'm going to try shelving it and see how that effects my game. I feel like nearly every shot I could execute more reliably by either going up a tick in stability to a Wave, or down a speed class to a Hatchet. Fliptastic distance drivers are fun when hit just right, but i have a sneaking suspicion that the Vanish is costing me strokes on the course.

I've got a Vanish in my bag and was pretty enamored with it for a while, but I'm starting to realize that it's tough to throw a high speed driver accurately if it's that flippy.

What plastic is yours? I got a 158 Neutron SE and I was eyeballing a 166 proton. I throw mine uphill a lot, decent distance, it is my replacement fun hyzer disc for my 155 Orbital it's way too touchy but fun hooboy!

Anyone tried a lighter weight fireball? Are they domey like fission discs or flat? How much stability do they retain?

Anyone tried a lighter weight fireball? Are they domey like fission discs or flat? How much stability do they retain?

Been while since using fireballs but they were all flatter and like most OS lighter MVP stock molds flew true from 150-175g assuming flat like teslas resistors etc all neutrons always have been and continue to be.

What plastic is yours? I got a 158 Neutron SE and I was eyeballing a 166 proton. I throw mine uphill a lot, decent distance, it is my replacement fun hyzer disc for my 155 Orbital it's way too touchy but fun hooboy!

My Vanish is a 166 neutron. I think the mold would fly better with some extra dome and glide. If they ever come out with a Plasma Vanish then I'd likely buy one.

Also wondering,is there a huge difference in stability between plasta and neutron proxy?

Status
Not open for further replies.