• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While you may be right, there's no reason why they couldn't be working on another driver that will use the same core as the Volt. Still holding out on my prediction that they'll announce it before the year's end.

Trust me, I would be happy of you were right. I love me some Volt. :thmbup:

Just played four, all MVP rounds Tuesday on courses I've never played before. It felt really nice to not have that moment of indecision on the tee pad. Ended up having four metal hits for the day. Two pole hits, one chain blow through and the last being a huge FH anhyzer spike (it's a relatively easy hyzer spike for you RHBH'ers, not so easy for my RHFH) with a N Axis on a blind hole that hit the nub holding the top ring of the catcher. My buddy was spotting near the hole and pointed out where the Axis hit. It couldn't have been more centered and it left a nice little black smudge on the nub. One inch higher (or longer) and it would have been my first ace.:\ The first pole hit (first BH metal, as I'm just learning how to throw BH) and the chain hit were on back to back holes.

I had a blast all day even though my score didn't fair too well. I managed to drive really well but the cedars and hawthorns had other thoughts. I've never had so many tee shots land where I want them to but somehow result in bad skips from rocks, twigs, roots, you name it. My putting was much better than average too. I hit four 50'+ putts with my Ion. Unfortunately they were for pars and one bogey.

All in all, it was fun to get out on a gorgeous day and play some of my best golf, albeit with a lot of bad luck thrown in, with nothing but MVP plastic.

So, I tried my LONG awaited all MVP bag today. I only took 4 discs to the course. N Vector, N Axis, N Ion, and Eclipse Vector.

It was actually pretty difficult for me to be without my understable discs on board. I usually have a DX Leo, and beat TM2 Vision for turnover shots.

After throwing the Volt for every drive, and some 250' deadly accurate approaches I can say that the Volt will definitely stay in my bag. I was able to reach two holes today that I never reach, and I birdied one of them. I was also able to reach a 550 foot hole with two throws thanks to the Volt off the tee, and the approach...too bad I missed the 35 foot putt. It would have been my longest par ever.

Some bad drives (due to horrible form) left this from being my best round ever. The Volt could not be to blame for my overall poor play today.

The disc that continues to impress me is the Axis. It has turned so many bad drives into pars because of its laser accuracy. If I could clean up my form a bit, the Volt - Axis - Ion combo is really all I'd ever need.

Like Fraser said, it was great to throw all MVP. These truly are great discs, and I can't wait to get back out on the course to give it another go.

So, I tried my LONG awaited all MVP bag today. I only took 4 discs to the course. N Vector, N Axis, N Ion, and Eclipse Vector.

It was actually pretty difficult for me to be without my understable discs on board. I usually have a DX Leo, and beat TM2 Vision for turnover shots.

After throwing the Volt for every drive, and some 250' deadly accurate approaches I can say that the Volt will definitely stay in my bag. I was able to reach two holes today that I never reach, and I birdied one of them. I was also able to reach a 550 foot hole with two throws thanks to the Volt off the tee, and the approach...too bad I missed the 35 foot putt. It would have been my longest par ever.

Some bad drives (due to horrible form) left this from being my best round ever. The Volt could not be to blame for my overall poor play today.

The disc that continues to impress me is the Axis. It has turned so many bad drives into pars because of its laser accuracy. If I could clean up my form a bit, the Volt - Axis - Ion combo is really all I'd ever need.

Like Fraser said, it was great to throw all MVP. These truly are great discs, and I can't wait to get back out on the course to give it another go.

Replace that Ion with an Anode and it will be even more fun. :D

Replace that Ion with an Anode and it will be even more fun. :D

I have a soft Anode on the way. :D

I was hoping it would come in the mail today, but of course it didn't. I want the soft Anode to replace the Wizard and Magic I use for straight approaches.

I'll put with the Ion forever. I love the bead on it. I putted with a KC Pro Aviar for over a year, and the Ion is very similar, but the Neutron has that perfect feel for putts. Just enough flex, and grip.

I just got a soft glow anode today with the hope that it would feel similar tobthe neutron, but be see through. Bingo. It's like neutron but slightly more gummy. Super tasty.

I prefer Ions, but some people don't like the bead, it causes OAT for some.

The Anode could do the exact same thing...Most people who don't know I switched to Anodes from the Ion would never know because I throw them pretty much the same. I just like the beadless feel.

I just love the slow forward fade that the Ion takes while gliding to the pin. Top of the world is a sweet spot to launch putters from.

The Anode could do the exact same thing...Most people who don't know I switched to Anodes from the Ion would never know because I throw them pretty much the same. I just like the beadless feel.
This.

I put the Ion back in my bag for an all MVP round and the only difference between throwing it and the Anode was the feel of a bead. Anode will do basically the same lines and is more comfortable in my hand.

This.

I put the Ion back in my bag for an all MVP round and the only difference between throwing it and the Anode was the feel of a bead. Anode will do basically the same lines and is more comfortable in my hand.

Agreed...the ion and anode fly VERY similarly...the feel is the big difference.

486302_447295968660617_1214794015_n.jpg

whats this about?

Kinda wondering the same thing myself. They're teasing us with something, or showing off more of Zam's handiwork.

If they announce another disc already, DGCR will break.

The ion and anode were about the same for me too, I just prefer the bead.

Tried to change image contrast but its black on black so i didnt find anything.:wall:

Hahaha I tried too. Glad I am not the only crazy one!

It does look like there is a letter poking through somewhere there. Zam is taking his affinity for NIN's artist and putting the band's "Year Zero" trickery on top of it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.