• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Yeah I'm pretty happy with them. Might even keep one of those glitches LOL I like that stamp, the winner is definitely the red moose rhythm. Feels great I want to throw the pink one but the red one just feels amazing. Flies real nice too

342386-649c6393909a4cc63f57d3d31cb93b53.data

I posted this elsewhere but we can use some useless chatter here... a bunch of rhythms, left is Circuit N, newest run of fission, FR SE N. That is also the order of PLH low to high. Decent difference in how they throw especially the flat top SE. It started pretty stable, just a great straight to fade luttle short but it has developed a little turn and now flies very far. I think I own a lot of rhythms 😄.

The 🫎 in the middle at 163g has been great, love the high dome feel and flight. I can also yell things like "the moose is loose" or "don't bring me down mooo-oose". "Time to cut @Moose33 " etc.. or pledge allegiance to the Red White and Moose, I think that was a beer ad up here.
2024-06-1319.08.422364407942701616698.jpg

the main circuit runs were soooo good.
The prototype ones are amazing.

There was some circuits that were nto flippy tho.

And I got a main run from the first batch that... maybe is a -1 turn? but 2 to 3 fade all day.
You can usually get it to tilt over a bit in a headwind.

Yeah that first 172g circuit I got started the love affair, I soaked as many up off the FB market as I could. Since I have so many I was pretty happy to seek out a few of the flat OS ones as well. One to flip, one to fade toss in a tesla and my bags good.

Earlier in the week on the left, I picked up a Cosmic Second Lab Proton Volt 173g for $7 in the used bin. More glide than my Plasma Volt with some ending fade skip. Proton stable, Plasma O/S. On the right, arrived my backup Proton Crave 166g. Really enjoyed the 165g I've had for a month, lucky to have the 166g. 165g lefty left Center, 166g fading back in with skip. I can now take it off my "no risk list".

Last week I played thru a guy MA60 with an MVP/Axiom bag who was getting ready for this week's Worlds, we chatted. He was getting ready by throwing two Proton Craves, and two Neutron Craves every hole has good distance. I've followed his progress, as with so many others in Emporia its been a struggle for him.

MVP newest FPO Silva Saarinen uses mostly Neutron Craves off the tee, and will throw Standstills with them for gaps. She has won the last two tournaments in Europe.

I lean on my Craves including an Eclipse and Plasma for heavily wooded courses. But I'm now finding myself using them more in open fairways off the tee their consistent for short to short. On my wishlist a Neutron Crave somewhere in the mid 160'sg.

Attachments

• 20240612_144053.jpg
    20240612_144053.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Yesterday i was excited to pick these up, today only about half way there. Spent about 30 minutes with them yesterday no wind. Today an hour 10 to 15 mph wind with the Time lapse, Tesla, and my Fission Photon.

The Electron Soft Entropy 175g is stable sometimes ending turn, and short on distance. I was hoping for a hook fade Like my Electron Terra, or at least O/S like my Plasma Entropy. If anybody picks one up I would be interested on how it throws for you. Or did anyone throw the 2020 release?

Proton Tesla 168g is flippy, just sad with no wind. Today with wind much better, but looks like a pop bottle rocket going down Fairway. I'm going to give it some time. But thinking maybe the previous releases are more firm like my Proton Wave, and recent Proton Volt?

Fission Time lapse 167g is being called the peoples Time lapse, its flippie. I found it easier to throw than the Neutron version, more dome on the Fission I would call it domey. Good grip, I can turn it or fade it with wind or with out, any wind direction. I think this will be my best summertime disc in a 12 speed. I'm thinking of burning my store credit for a 150g something to get more out of it in lighter wind. See what happens in the fall when the 20mph plus returns. If your thinking you don't have the arm speed, it may surprise you. I couldn't tell the difference between the Time lapse and Photon as far as throwing, just a distance separation.

The Detour 172g love it. Just as advertised between an Uplink and Hex. Sustained turn, sometimes an ending fade Good distance. Straight to the bag.

Ha! I just noticed the Photon booted out the Entropy for the photo . Just as well .

Attachments

• 20240614_125515.jpg
    20240614_125515.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hada friend test throw my OTB Vanish today. I'd picked it up because I'm injured, and I wanted something flippier than my Waves, for when I can throw again (so I can ease back into it). Of course the damn thing is more stable than my neutron wave 10g heavier...

Hada friend test throw my OTB Vanish today. I'd picked it up because I'm injured, and I wanted something flippier than my Waves, for when I can throw again (so I can ease back into it). Of course the damn thing is more stable than my neutron wave 10g heavier...
Surprise! I was hoping for flippy turning it like an Orbital. Nope, stable with an ending fade. What to do with it? Maybe it's first course visit, 2nd disc aiming for a tree every throw.

I may do that. It's too pretty to not find a use for...
Madison Walker was on Feature Card OTB Open and using the Vanish, and it looked like mine. A little turn with an ending fade. It appeared its doing what it's supposed to do.

Been a lot of years since I tossed the vanish, it was weirdly either flippy or stable for me. I felt like I could learn it and I used it hard one season beside a 143 fission photon for freaky distance, the wave was more consistent than both though. Got that photon from @kaiserflippin.. weird I can't tag him... anyhow won a few tournaments and bagged a couple aces with it, and lone birdies haha good times. "The Secret Weapon".. haven't thrown anything like it, still got it, got backups but they ain't right.

Loved the photon, just had a quick look and there's a 151g fission available haha. It makes me happy and I hope someone loves it. I could barely make the 156g work and the 160g was beef. (Like 7yrs ago)

I hope it's as awesome as I imagine, curious about the 150g time-lapse. I saw it around and I was waiting for a fission Mayhem, I found a piece of my form again but it's not on that level, or the TL. Hm?m TLs were pretty cool this will become annoying.

Teslas were/are so much better for me than photons... more tesla love goddammit!

Last edited:
Teslas were/are so much better for me than photons... more tesla love goddammit!

I have a few Teslas I do not throw. One of younger son's friends came over - he rarely plays but he can bomb. Asked to toss the Tesla and absolutely bombed it. 150s Fission - I wish I could toss it like that.

Could go in the How Did You Play Today? thread, but...
On a par 3 312 ft. hole yesterday, I turned over my throw off the tee heading too close to the bushes right off the fairway. Thought I was in the scrub and screwed. When I got up to my lie, I was happy to see that I was a couple feet still in the fairway about 135-150ft. from the pin. Grabbed my Neutron Hex and whipped (rhbh) an approach shot hoping to save par. Imagine my surprise during the last half of the flight seeing it sail left making a beeline hitting chains and into the basket for a surprise birdie! :cool:

This was my Hex that replaced my beloved Fission which ironically I think I lost on this very same hole the last time we threw here a month ago. Man I love the Hex. Great for backhands and forehands. Outstanding disc.

So I played my Glitch Qualifier today and placed 3rd out of 12. I definitely could have won if I had more practice putts with the Parachute but I decided getting off the tee well was priority. The Parachute is definitely the most stable of the 3 and it's as OS if not more so than the Gyrobox Eclipse Glitches.

As promised here's some pics, Glitch is Blue, Parachute is White/Silver and Pitch is Pink/Swirly RedPXL_20240616_210215008.jpgPXL_20240616_210240413.jpgPXL_20240616_210300411.MP.jpg

So I played my Glitch Qualifier today and placed 3rd out of 12. I definitely could have won if I had more practice putts with the Parachute but I decided getting off the tee well was priority. The Parachute is definitely the most stable of the 3 and it's as OS if not more so than the Gyrobox Eclipse Glitches.

As promised here's some pics, Glitch is Blue, Parachute is White/Silver and Pitch is Pink/Swirly RedView attachment 342826View attachment 342827View attachment 342828

I really wish they would put that level of effort in the cores for plasma on the other stuff. I've seen a lot of discs from the glitch thing and they are all molded so clean.

Go into the store and look at other stuff and you're just like... Did they just puke stuff out or what? what are these colors?

I"m really not a huge fan of the cosmic stuff though, i like my clean solid colors and my sparkle cream plasma's. etc.

Cosmic blends are like "fly dye" or whatever...f n near invisible. I'm tired of the glitch train... let me tell you about my stopover in Pixel Country and Rhythm Gulch...

2024-06-1719.39.371002642897162970579.jpg
Little breezy, rhythm pood it sideways holding way too much anny against a headwind, full nose dive of death.. it made up for it with a laser FH complete with 🛗 into a headwind for a 15' birdie. MCO won the round. It was untouchable. Perhaps the nicest pixel OOTB ever (sample size of 3). It sits right between my seasoned one and the fresh soft. Managed some nice shots yesterday also downhill and headwind, it really doesnt care. Sure it moves but as with calm conditions the margin of error is large comparatively. If I nail my angles "close" it will end up close ish.

DFX this morning had a huge MVP Axiom drop. If you've been waiting for something, you may find it. I'm on their email list.

So I snagged a Detour a week or so ago, so that once my knee is fully healed I can make a video on some Comets (and the discs most like them), and I got to throw it some the other day.

Thing feels terrible in my hand. Now I know what people who hate Comets feel like! It's a half way decent Buzzz SS competitor, though. Doesn't fly much like a Comet. Where the TSA Mana has too much turn to be like a Comet, the Detour has too little. It's very good at what it does - which is go super straight.

It's like a longer Watt.

Latest posts