• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tensor new overstable mid

Got a 167 gr tensor yesterday. And, just had a question. I've thrown a proton volt and didn't notice "gyro" But the tensor....hmmmm.... first of all, gliding and overstable was interesting like a slightly beefier, yet still glidey KC rioc. But, hmmm, ok when I through it on hyzer lines, around 250 to 275 I got this weird jump forward. I even showed a friend today, who noticed the same thing. Instead of gliding smoothly in a one piece flight, it would bolt forward at about 80 percent through. Loved the smooth, moderately overstable flight. But, I am curious about what I saw.

Really like my tensor. Very dependable. I could throw it as hard as I wanted and knew it wouldn't flip over. Or I could throw it with a smidgen of hyzer and less power and it would hook hard. I don't have a ton of holes to use this on but it's incrediblyuseful when iIcan find a spot to use it. I want to work on my fh with it too.

I'm still so surprised with how this disc behaves. Just the right amount of overstability, and releases so nice.

I have had a tensor sitting on my desk all season but just haven't had needed to put it back in the bag. Lot of people still throwing this disc? Seems to be the least loved among many MVP fans but maybe it just sits quietly ITB.

Id like to see a putter from MVP with a similar stability but way different feel and speed obviously.

The Tensor doesn't get a lot of love, but I always have one in my full bag. It's definitely second fiddle to the Axis, but when I need a little more stability, or fade, it's money.

I think that a lot of players don't like the feel of the rim, but I find it quite comfortable. It's really a unique mold.

Between my Tensor and my Eclipse tangent I never use my axis anymore. I throw my Tensor in just about every round I play. It's a very useful disc when playing dog leg lefts or just looking to play a wide shot toward the basket. Easier for me than throwing an Axis with a big hyzer.

If u haz Vector n Envy n Resistor, y u need Tensor?

Seriously though, I bagged a Tensor for over a year and NEVER pulled it out for a shot unless I'd shanked my three Vectors. It just doesn't offer anything unique enough to merit a spot anymore for me.

I pair a Tensor with a Tangent. So similar in size, shape, speed and feel. Just neutral flight vs overstable flight. The Tensor has decent glide for an OS mid, at least in < 170g weights. Anyway, I use the Tangent for dead straight and anhyzers, and the Tensor for fade, hyzer, and headwind.

My guess as to why the Tensor isn't very popular is because it's a smaller and slower mid and doesn't have quite the range of most. Same with the Tangent. They're both like a hybrid putter-midrange.

Agree with Phenn. I rarely, if ever, used my Tensor. I aced with it once during a league round in Korea and just kept it in the bag for months and months. Finally dropped it because I just never used it.

I think it feels great and flies great, but it just wasnt something I needed.

If u haz Vector n Envy n Resistor, y u need Tensor?

Seriously though, I bagged a Tensor for over a year and NEVER pulled it out for a shot unless I'd shanked my three Vectors. It just doesn't offer anything unique enough to merit a spot anymore for me.

I don't have a Vector or a Resistor, maybe If I tried them I wouldn't need the Tensor. The reviews for the Vector and Tensor seemed similar to me and I bought my Tensor first. Is it worth trying the Vector or Resistor, or should I just stick with my Tensor because of the similarities?

vector is faster than tensor and has more glide. Resistor is going to be very OS compared to either of those due to its driver profile. Resistor will give much more distance in headwinds and in general while also flexing out of shorter anhyzers and prone to larger skips when landing. It powers down well to cover shorter OS shots though so that's why you will find people don't carry a tensor. Its much easier to FH also.

If you like the tensor as an overstable mid no reason to change what you like. The resistor would be like its big brother for you. Vector is a 2nd cousin ;)

I agree with Aim. The Vector is faster than the Tensor, and a little less overstable. I don't bag the Vector because of overlap. Between the Ion, occasional Envy, Axis, and Tensor, I've got every midrange shot I need.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the advice. I'll just have to wait to till I play with someone who has a vector to give it a shot.

I dunno, from watching Mike C videos he was getting his Tensor just as far as the Vector. Of course, that's him and not your average Joe disc golfer. But yes, the Tensor is quite a bit more OS than the Vector. Vector is MVP's Roc (IMO) while the Tensor is pretty unique amongst discs.

I had the Tensor in the bag for a few months because I liked how it paired speed and feel wise with the Tangent, but I never truly clicked with it. I found its flight hard to dial in: at lower speeds its beefy, but at full power it'll fly very straight for much of its flight. The timing and strength of its fade varied more than any other disc I've thrown, which ultimately was not what I was looking for in a slower overstable midrange. I imagine it could be deadly in the right hands, but not in mine.

It's a very unique disc. I wouldn't say it's not special, if anything it is because its so unique. Comparing it to a crow is ridiculous.

Latest posts