• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

my bag 3.0--second revision.

apdrvya

Marketplace Guru
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Distance Drivers
175g 5x JK Valkyrie--Primary Distance Driver, around 300-325'
169g Pearly Champ Orc--Primary for long left Hooking shots, though becoming more a primary driver.
172g Champ FireBird--Windier and meathook type thingies

Fairway Drivers
163g GL River--Forehand and Utility FD
171g Champ 11x Tbird--Longer, left fades
175g Champ Leopard--Long straight RHBH only..

Midrange
177g FLX Buzzz--Utility Midrange more off the tee than the roc...
180g DX Roc--Very very flat, I use this a lot for shots 200'-ish or less
180g Ching Roc--Beat! Turnovers, this thing is perfectly seasoned for them.
180g Champ Stingray--Tight low tunnel type shots...
176g Z Wasp--Like the buzzz, but with more fade
175g Star Cro--I just really like this disc for turnovers and tight control shots, feels like a longer putter for some reason.

the Stingray and Cro are seeming to be more unnecessary lately. and yes garrett, I know you want your champs back..

Putters
2x 175g Evo-hpp voodoo--Close range, the white is more floaty and the first run is gummier
172 X-Link Ridge--Drive putter
Need to work a wind putter in-- but haven't found a rhyno I like..

Lose the DX Roc, you could be using a putter for that. Get a ESP Zone instead of a Rhyno, way better.

I'll check out that zone.
that dx roc I throw is money, flattest modern dx roc that I've EVER seen, super controllable.. I don't have the arm strength yet to get a putter out that far, but I'm workin' on it.
thanks bro-dave, I knew you'd give me good advice.

i think youll like the zone. very similar to rhyno flight wise but feels completely different

I need something, my voodoo is far too "flighty" for the wind... goes all crazy like even with a nice straight snap.. floats over, pushes under, bah!

The Zone is like the Buzzz's little brother that got tired of being picked on and hit the weight room really hard to compensate.

I prefer a Gateway putter in firm S plastic for throwers as well as putters. The Evo HPP's are a little too gummy for my taste for driving.

yeah, I don't drive with it.. I drive with the ridge.
I have a first run evo-hpp that is gummier than schizz, Love it for putting!!

Your distance driver's look good. I don't know too much about the River but it seems like there is some overlap there with your Teebird. You have a ton of midranges though. I don't know if you're like me but I have a Z Buzzz and Z Wasp in my bag right now but I'm finding that between the Buzzz and my Teebird, I'm reaching for my Wasp less and less to the point where I'll probably just take it out of my bag. Like you said, you probably don't need the stingray or cro. I'd choose between Roc's or Buzzz's and just stick with those. Putters are so much based on personal preference so all I'd say there is try not to go over 2 molds (1 for putts, 1 for approach/driving) Keep your voodoo for your putts and maybe pick a windy day putter as your driving putter as well.

The Zone is like the Buzzz's little brother that got tired of being picked on and hit the weight room really hard to compensate.
^^ This

My Zone has been taking on more and more of the shots that I used to throw a mid on as well. I find the overstability highly predictable, and it's easy to put it exactly where I want it if I'm within 250'. The only time I don't use it is if I absolutely must turn to the right, 'cause that just ain't gonna happen with this disc unless I throw lefty, or forehand.

Here's what I suggest (having seen you play):

Pick one or the other (at least for now, you can always go back at a later time): Roc or Buzzz
Leopard
Teebird
Putter

Work on becoming proficient with these and build from there. :thmbup:

I've completely changed my grip since that (per peebodys suggestion) and that was an absolutely AWEFUL day for me.
It was emberassing to be honest.

I've completely changed my grip since that (per peebodys suggestion) and that was an absolutely AWEFUL day for me.
It was emberassing to be honest.

That's cool, we all have days like that. I know I have plenty!

If Peebz' grip change suggestions are working well for you, then by all means keep tossing what you've got. :)

sweet. yeah, I guess I thought "modified power grip" was with my index finger directly on the rim and that was causing inconsistency in release time. since I switched to a pure power grip, it's been much better, what little I've played with as cold and windy as it's been. :D

didn't you just tell me to power grip it though?

wait, nevermind, thats what i'm doing..
supid subtlties..

Latest posts