• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My First Form Videos

pcarlvr

Okay so I've been playing for about a year and a half now, just long enough to develop some bad habits. I am looking to clean up my driving as well as getting some more distance and better accuracy. (I think that we are all looking for those things!) Any help would be appreciated, so flame away!

All of these are with a 167-169 X Comet except for the second throw on the second video that was with a 173-174 Ti Stalker.

Whats the deal with your knee? You got some classic strong arming but not putting a lot of force into it. Lower your throwing shoulder on the backswing and stay more upright instead of loading your weight on the rear leg. You need to keep your hips turned away until you are planted on the front foot and use your hips to lead your shoulder. Right now you compress your chest toward your knees/ground during the backswing and decompress up during the throw, that's backward. This is all easier to work from a standstill since your footwork is not helping at this point.

They don't really know what's up with my knee. Im pretty sure its the fat pad inside, it just causes me pain. I have no problem working from a stand still. By backswing you mean the reach back right? Is any particular video good about showing my flaws? Working from the stand still what should I pay attention to?

Yea backswing is basically your reach back. There's no rhythm there as you reach back too early. From a standstill you want to be able to go back and forth backswing to downswing effortlessly and feel the hips lead it without throwing, just go back and forth and feel the disc tugging back and forth on your arm with your shoulder hanging. This is the perpetual motion drill to feel the rhythm. It should go 1, 2, threeeee, 4, and back.