• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My injured basket.

Here is my theory. You may not be prepared to believe it or admit to it but I believe in full transparency among friends.

*takes deep breath*

Marty, have you ever noticed that new guy you hang out with? The really cool guy that plays disc golf and you and he started underground tournaments that nobody's supposed to talk about? The guy that's everything you wish you were. He's handsome, charismatic and has created his own subversive doctrine that people blindly subscribe to.

Here's the surprise ending, Marty.

He's you, dude! You hallucinate him in the day and when you fall asleep you wake up as him.

When you both won that doubles tournament you were playing Sven, man! YOU WERE THE CALI!!! When "he" poured blazing hot Rit onto your hand it was you pouring it. When you took turns hyzer spiking bricks into your basket until it broke it wasn't "you guys". It was you.

Didn't you see the signs? They were there the whole time. Go ahead and watch the movie over again.

"If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person? "

How did you get the top of a discatcher and not the bottom?

Here is my theory. You may not be prepared to believe it or admit to it but I believe in full transparency among friends.

*takes deep breath*

Marty, have you ever noticed that new guy you hang out with? The really cool guy that plays disc golf and you and he started underground tournaments that nobody's supposed to talk about? The guy that's everything you wish you were. He's handsome, charismatic and has created his own subversive doctrine that people blindly subscribe to.

Here's the surprise ending, Marty.

He's you, dude! You hallucinate him in the day and when you fall asleep you wake up as him.

When you both won that doubles tournament you were playing Sven, man! YOU WERE THE CALI!!! When "he" poured blazing hot Rit onto your hand it was you pouring it. When you took turns hyzer spiking bricks into your basket until it broke it wasn't "you guys". It was you.

Didn't you see the signs? They were there the whole time. Go ahead and watch the movie over again.

"If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person? "
Sonuvabitch!!! The contest was already over?!?

Wait until I get home. I think some Photoshopping is in order.

How did you get the top of a discatcher and not the bottom?

I made it to look like a discatcher... Welding the bottom will come this winter when I get bored. For now the tire works great!

Kinda

way better than my DGA M-14 :(

You can turn this, into a better basket than mine.

I did all the work myself, and spent around $70. Used parts and some metal, it's a work in progress.

I should have just bought one looking back, but the building was more fun than I thought. I had a blast making it.

You can turn this, into a better basket than mine.

I did all the work myself, and spent around $70. Used parts and some metal, it's a work in progress.

I should have just bought one looking back, but the building was more fun than I thought. I had a blast making it.

P.S. I wouldnt buy it from amazon.

127 shipped from cheapdiscgolfbaskets.com

what would you do to make it better?

I've been wanted to add chains but just don't know how.

P.S. I wouldnt buy it from amazon.

127 shipped from cheapdiscgolfbaskets.com

what would you do to make it better?

I've been wanted to add chains but just don't know how.

I used S hooks from a hardware store. You can use that or a mountain climbing ring, they would be easy but more $$$.

The chain is expensive.

2 of my friends have one and they are junk!!! Even for 127 shipped they arent worth it. I have one instep and 6 discatcher sports, the sports are the $hit when you add an inner set of chains, which you can do everything for roughly 160-175 depending on where you buy it. The Instep would be bout 90ish. I won the instep but from what I have seen they run about 70. Thats m14 crap is worthless and way to lightweight

2 of my friends have one and they are junk!!! Even for 127 shipped they arent worth it. I have one instep and 6 discatcher sports, the sports are the $hit when you add an inner set of chains, which you can do everything for roughly 160-175 depending on where you buy it. The Instep would be bout 90ish. I won the instep but from what I have seen they run about 70. Thats m14 crap is worthless and way to lightweight

I agree about it being crap. but worthless? it's better than putting at a tree......

The reason why your tire-basket fell wasn't because of gnomes. Wasn't because of water, or dogs, or anything to do with National Security.

The reason your basket fell can be solidly connected to Global Warming. Please listen, I'm super, super cereal.

An inconvenient truth really. But I can assure you this is the cause. Burning of fossil fuels along with the elimination of plantlife, the raising of livestock in extreme numbers and the passing of gas...yes, yes, lots of passing of gas(which may also put some of the blame on the millions of Taco Bells, McDonalds, KFCs, etc. dotting the planet).

You see. When you weren't even paying attention, Global Warming managed to warm the planet about 1F degree over the last hundred years. Because of Global Warming, the polar ice caps are melting, which in turn is leading to higher sea levels. I'm convinced this has awaken a beast you may know as ManBearPig. Half man, half bear, and, yes, half pig. Although originally believed to be the cause of Global Warming, ManBearPig is actually the most affected by this planetary disaster.

This leads me to believe that ManBearPig feels that the construction of this disc golf basket has something to do with Global Warming, became infuriated, and decided to dislodge the tire-basket from the pole, creating a sense of confusion, followed by anger, and then followed by extreme remorse for him, and all of Earth for being the cause or this danger that threatens to demolish our world.

To sum it up, the cause of your basket falling MUST be directly linked to Global Warming. I'm super, super cereal.

....and I just realized that a winner was declared already. I take it all back...I came and did it to your basket, knowing you would create a thread asking for information that could lead to the capture of the perp. I was just unable to return to my home in North Carolina in time to complete my "story" to have a chance to win that stinkin' disc! MANNNNNNN.

But I am glad to hear that we have gotten to the bottom of this debacle. War Eagle! You better watch yourself, and quit feeding off of us on DGCR! We will hunt you down!

I agree about it being crap. but worthless? it's better than putting at a tree......

I like em' but it is all about opinion.

As for the ManBearPig, you get an E for effort. Maybe I have a disc laying around you would like for free. What do you throw? I have over 100 discs and surely can part ways for your valiant effort.

Hmm, must be one of those Firestones that were notorious for shredding a few years back.

Latest posts