• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My mixed bag

BigDave

I've been playing casually for about 6 years. 95% of my drives and fairway shots are RHBH. Occasionally I'll throw RHFH. Max distance on my drives is 325, but average is 250-275. 95% or more of my shots are hyzer or slight hyzers. I really am trying to develop an Anhyzer and flip hyzer.

DX Wraith 172 longest disc in the bag, pretty beat
CE Wraith 168 new turns hard left
Z Wildcat 173 second longest in bag
Star Sidewinder 168 new, most consistent turnover
DX Beast 171
Z Xpress 182
DX Leopard - beat to crap and turns hard right
DX Cheetah
Pro-D Reaper

Z Buzz 173
Pro-D Hawk - staightest disc in the bag

DX Aviar

Given my average distance, would I be better to dump some of the faster discs like the Wildcat?

I've never thrown a Wildcat, I thought it was an understable turnover disc. I may be wrong, I would recommend a non champion teebird or a Lat 64 Striker. Not to heavy not to light. Is that DX Beast and wraith doing ok?

I've added a Pro Leopard 168 and a R-Pro Aviar 168. I threw my first and only Ace with that new Leopard this afternoon.

I've managed to loose both the DX Wraith and Beast. Sux, because both were getting really flippy.

DX Cheetah
Pro-D Reaper

Z Buzz 173

DX Aviar

try this setup for a while. try using just the slower discs until you get your form up and you can throw the Buzzz 325.

I will. I've been spending more time with the Leopards (DX and Pro) and the Sidewinder. They are all more consistent than anything else in the bag. I'm finding the Reaper is a pretty good RHFH disc for me, too. Speaking of that, I should pick up another at the shop since they are now OOP.

well if you REALLY like the Reaper then yes hoard all the ones you can find. but if you want a suitable current production substitute I suggest either the Banshee or the Trident.

Update (can't find the Edit feature)

DX Wraith 172 longest disc in the bag, pretty beat - lost
CE Wraith 168 new turns hard left
Z Wildcat 173 second longest in bag
Star Sidewinder 168 new, most consistent turnover
Star Roadrunner 170
DX Beast 171 - lost
Pro Beast 170
Z Xpress 173
CE Leopard 2X Barry Schultz 172
Pro Leopard 168 - recorded my first Ace with this two weeks ago on 279' hole
DX Cheetah - too taco'd to throw
Pro-D Reaper

Z Buzz 173

I've spent a lot of "range" time the past couple of days learning, or trying to, how is the best way to throw these. The Xpress does well with a hyzer flip. The Leopards, especially the Pro, does great with slight anhyzer release that ends up with a narrow S-curve. The Wildcat is a jack-of-all-trades. The Sidewinder is, for me, the longest and most consistent - does well with hyzer flips and anny releases. The Roadrunner is nearly identical to the Sidewinder, but with more turn. The Wraith is left for hard hyzer lines and forehands only until I get a stronger arm.