• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My new bag :)

iGniTe

So here is my new bag I just got for my birthday!!!
2446yis.jpg

And here is what is inside, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Putters
-173 Ion
-175 Aviar

Mids
-173 Z Buzzz (got it for my B-day :))
-180 KC Pro Roc
-180 Cobra

Drivers
-173 Champ. Beast (used for thumbers)
-175 Avenger SS
-168 JLS
-170 11x Firebird (got it for my B-day :))

I've heard of the brand name, but I personally don't know anybody who has that bag. Looks like a good one though. You're a lucky golfer, hope you get many years out of it!

Last edited:
that aviar is taking up your ion space.:|

Ya the Ion is a great disc, but I use it for my longer approaches.

I've heard of the brand name, but I personally don't know anybody who has that bag. Looks like a good one though. You're a lucky golfer, hope you get many years out of it!

GB makes great bags from what I have seen, this bag is just a begginer one that holds up to 10-12 discs. But it is a very sturdy and great product.

re: your putters. the ion and the aviar have kind of a lot of crossover. i would consider using ions for your straight and anny putt/approaches and a more overstable putter (wizard, spike) for your alt putter.

That's a pretty simple bag you have. I like it.

You may not need the Cobra with the Buzzz in there.

I'd consider choosing between the Beast and Avenger SS and then adding something between the JLS and Firebird like a Z Avenger, S/QOLF or Champ Starfire-X.

I also agree that you may not need both putters.

I think the Cobra is worthwhile. It will break in faster than the buzz or roc and give you a less stable mid. I dont throw the cobra as much as I did at one point, but it is great for shorter rollers and late turnover shots. I also recommend a DX stingray. They turn right outta the box and keep getting better. I wish I had gotten one as soon as I started playing.

Also since you aren't a discraft hater I would heartily recommend the Stalker. Damn good disc.

I would say scrap the 180 cobra, grab a pink esp meteor...trash the aviar and *maybe* grab a super overstable/putt/mid like a pig or Zone...but maybe you could care less about sweeping hyzer approaches, and that's cool too.

I also totally agree with getting rid of the beast and grabbing the starfire...love those. Avenger is pretty sweet too. And you should mess around periodically with using the firebird as your overhead disc, I know that it was too overstable for me when I started throwing them and I had a beefy champ valk, but that's been taken out over time.

Remember that there's an evolutionary proccess to bag construction, so don't ever just say "well I need to carry 1 less disc to BYE!" just look at what you could do with a different disc on a different line so that you still have all of your shots covered :)

For me I only carry about 10-14 discs, but for my tourney this weekend I've got 19 I think. Some of that's because of the factors of THE UNKNOWN, essentially I generally have all of my shots covered but if I have to make shot X in a headwind, I wasn't carrying anything for that, because how often does THAT happen? In casual play, F it, throw the wasp or zone. In tournament play...need to be a bit more picky :)

\/\/

dude, the bag and disc selection look good to me. I could conquer or be conquered by any course with that setup. I would think that any shot can be covered here with these tools.

Latest posts