• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My new Nuke SS just replaced my Roadrunner. I almost now have an Innova Free Bag

It will say First Run on the stamp.

And congrats on continuing to slim down your bag to all Discraft. How much are they paying you?

Last edited:
im totally innova free now too....got tired of innovas 8x 9x 10x 155x crap...with discraft you know what your getting when you buy a new disc.

Discraft's inconsistent molds:
Slipstream GT
Flash
Crush
Impact
Tracker
Nuke
Nuke SS
Buzzz SS

Sorry bud - discraft is in the same boat as Innova. I'm saying this as a fanboy of neither - my bag is about 40% discraft, 40% Innova, 10% DGA, 10% Gateway so...yeah.

You are not helping the fight against southern stereotypes. :(

lol he's an ole miss fan give him a break. You don't make fun of retarded kids for being retarded.

sorry olemiss - it's almost football season, you understand ;)

people keep saying the Crush is inconsistent

can someone tell me why?

or the Tracker for that matter

if 2 discs from the same run throw different I'd call that inconsistent

if 2 discs from different runs throw different that is a fact of the plastic blend and the environmental factors at play at the time of molding

from what I've seem Bar Stamp Disc X throws like another Bar Stamp Disc X but different from Circle Stamp Disc X
but Circle Stamp Disc X throws like another Circle Stamp Disc X

this is completely different however from molding a Destroyer with a Vulcan top
not telling anyone and still calling it a Destroyer

people keep saying the Crush is inconsistent

can someone tell me why?

or the Tracker for that matter

if 2 discs from the same run throw different I'd call that inconsistent

if 2 discs from different runs throw different that is a fact of the plastic blend and the environmental factors at play at the time of molding

from what I've seem Bar Stamp Disc X throws like another Bar Stamp Disc X but different from Circle Stamp Disc X
but Circle Stamp Disc X throws like another Circle Stamp Disc X

this is completely different however from molding a Destroyer with a Vulcan top
not telling anyone and still calling it a Destroyer

Since my post prompted yours I'll respond - even though admittedly I'm playing a bit of devils advocate here. Personally I don't think any two discs fly "exactly" alike (cop out answer, I know, but true) and additionally the differences in two different molds is *usually* not the culprit in bad throws unless you're 1000-rated. Most of the time people who bitch about stuff like that can't string two exact same releases in a row so their arguments are null and void.

All that said there is some validity in the argument that since two discs are molded the same and sold based on a singular predicted flight path or singular set of characteristics, two discs of the same mold should fly basically the same. Say you buy two BMW M5's (let's say red and blue are the colors) and the red one drives like a dream but the blue one handles like a F-350 and the shocks are dead off the lot - you'd likely be upset since you supposedly bought two of the same exact car.

A good solution would actually be to advertise more ballpark flight patterns/situations to use. However the problem is the consumer wants specific details (pointing fingers at all of us here on DGCR who make 100-post threads on the stability relative to the PLH and "domeyness" :geez:...) and the companies know that details like that help sell the product so they print them, despite not being completely accurate due to the imperfect manufacturing process which creates these little anomalies.

This creates two types of buyers in the marketplace - ones who appreciate the anomalies (some go overboard to buy specific runs of these and hoard them as if it's the only disc that will ever "fly correctly" for them) and those who bitch that brand X is so inconsistent so they only throw brand Y.

So there - I crapped on everybody equally, but if this topic didn't exist DGCR would have THOUSANDS fewer posts so I guess it's good for business...

All this love for the Nuke SS....My buddy is wanting to sell his first run 8/10 Nuke SS for $10...pm me if you interested and I will get you a pic. Its 169 light blue.

He doesnt like the wide rimmed drives. He could get really good S action, but it kept slipping out of his hands.....He is sticking with hyzer fliping his orc and beast.

I had one and sold it as well....hard for me to keep my grip from slipping, but when thrown well the nuke ss will flip up hold a very nice line and just keep gliding. I was just more consistant and accruate with my Avenger SS. The shallow rim feels better in my hands. I throw mostly FH, if i threw backhanded more often, I would have keep the Nuke SS

lol Discraft consistency talk in a thread where while praising one Nuke SS replacing a Roadrunner, the other is very straight like a Flash?

Anyway. Whatever works for you. I just know that I have had luck with Vulcans doing long turnovers but found that is I am just a little off, it can go bad a lot more than slower discs when trying to hit an actual line. In the field, I can do what I want all day. I actually feel the same way about Roadrunners to a point just not as much so; its just the whole thing of slowest disc that will get there has more control.

Discraft is color consistant. For example from what I have read and seen and thrown the pink z-forces are a lot more stable than the other colors.

The reason why I say discraft is more consistant than innova is because they don't change the mold and call it the same name(ie beast, coyote, monster, tee-rex, etc). There are even champ valks out there that are in the plus mold that aren't marked as being in the plus mold. I would be pissed if I ordered a champ valk from an online vendor expecting a certain rim configuration and I get a different one.

Discraft does have its issues but it is mainly due to plastic mixtures. Older Z-Wasps are much more stable than current z-wasps. However, the wasp mold has not changed. If it did change, discraft would not call it a wasp.

I'm gonna bet that green Nuke SS I sent you (Midnightbiker) is the more stable one...? Thats kinda why I didn't like it. When I see "SS", I wanna see it act like my ESP Avenger SS and the Nuke SS didn't perform anything like that. So it got the boot.. On a side note, Discraft does have inconsistencies but they are MUCH fewer than most brands I've seen.

I've been avoiding the Nuke SS because of the 2.5 cm rim. They just don't fit in my hand. But on Saturday I traded a Star Katana for a first run Nuke SS and the thing is money. Instant extra distance on two courses. Now I need to get to my field to actually measure how much.

Does anyone know if the regular production Z Nuke SS are different from the first runs?

Last edited:
I love my Nuke SS so much Im putting a couple more in my bag (diff. weight). To each their own I guess, but I can flick this disc for awesome distance every time.

My 173 FR Nuke SS is stable... Still have only flipped it BH a few times and I had to anny it HARD to do that. Hoping it will beat in to the disc I want it to be.