• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My weirdest putt ever

koogs

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I played a tourney last saturday at my home course, Bird's Ruins in Marshall WI. This is hole 13. My putt landed on top of the basket. So I had to place my mini on the top level of the structure and climb up. When I gat up there, the diameter of the basket forced me to lean back. So I had to hold on to the basket, grab my putter off the top and drop it into the basket. Wish I had thought to have someone take a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20130911_152656_632 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_20130911_152656_632 (Copy).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 501
I played a tourney last saturday at my home course, Bird's Ruins in Marshall WI. This is hole 13. My putt landed on top of the basket. So I had to place my mini on the top level of the structure and climb up. When I gat up there, the diameter of the basket forced me to lean back. So I had to hold on to the basket, grab my putter off the top and drop it into the basket. Wish I had thought to have someone take a picture.

I think if your putt lands on top of the basket it should be an automatic put-in after the putt.

Plus the top of the pyramid is still part of the playing surface.

Technically it was a falling putt since the basket is closer to the target than your lie. :p

I think using the basket for support is against the rules, though. :)

That's a pretty cool hole. We have a new course around here that has something similar except its an implanted bolder instead of a pyramid.

That's about the only interesting part of that hole. The approach is a snoozer.

How was the rough?? I played a solo round there a couple of weeks ago and it was getting pretty high.

Awesome course overall, though.

I guess I could have stood on the next level down. I would have still been on the playing surface and within 30cm of my lie, right?

That's about the only interesting part of that hole. The approach is a snoozer.

How was the rough?? I played a solo round there a couple of weeks ago and it was getting pretty high.

Awesome course overall, though.

Yeah, the rough is brutal. 6-8 feet high in spots, and very thick. The upside of that is I found 7 discs in there last week. The only 2 with numbers haven't called me back yet. On a side note, my son aced the hole in the tourney and won the ace pool.

Yeah, the rough is brutal. 6-8 feet high in spots, and very thick. The upside of that is I found 7 discs in there last week. The only 2 with numbers haven't called me back yet. On a side note, my son aced the hole in the tourney and won the ace pool.

AWESOME about the ace. :clap:

When I played, I found a Blizzard Wraith and a chewed up Archangel. No numbers.

My 10 year old got the Wraith. He only uses it in a headwind. Love that kid.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure if your disc lands ON the basket your lie is underneath, as if your disc lands in a tree.

Technically it was a falling putt since the basket is closer to the target than your lie. :p

If the disc is directly on the pole (extending past it in ever direction), where do you mark your lie? Which side of the pole?

Could you grab somewhere on the top of the basket?

If your disc is sitting on the pole (as in question 1), can you grab the pole below the basket?