• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Myrtle Beach Area Update:Loris Nature Center

RussMB

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I just got some info, Loris Nature Center in Loris, SC (About 10 miles west of North Myrtle Beach) has now been expanded into an 18 hole course. I haven't been out to play it with the new expansion yet, but I just got an email that said the baskets are in, and he's in the process of Installing the course signs. They are beginning to work on the North Myrtle Beach course next. :thmbup:

Last edited:
Very cool. There is a potential customer I am working on in Loris. Now I have an excuse to go play golf.

Most definitely! Oh, and you'll drive pass the Next one in NMB as you are going to Loris. they are both off Highway 9. Only roughly 10 miles apart. give or take.

Hopefully the new one will be installed by the time you get here. Much to my Chagrin, I live in Murrells Inlet, South of Myrtle Beach. so it's about a 40 mile drive for me at the moment. lol

I was just down there last weekend picking my daughter up from CCU. Made it out to Bill Smith Park, but ran out of day light to hit Loris. I'll have to hit it up next time I'm down there.

As of today, August 11, 2010, Loris Nature Center now has Measurements. I took them myself!
We are still awaiting signs, especially one with directions from #16 to #17, but they are coming. ...eventually.

The Avett Brothers are doing a 3 night run at the HOB the 19th, 20th and 21st of this month.