• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nashville - Cedar Hills or 7 Oaks?

Crimson75

Eagle Member
talk to me...I have played Cedar and enjoyed it very much...Seven Oaks looks tight and I am not sure if the wife will enjoy it as much...let me know

I need to know too. We are going to be out there in a few weeks for a wedding. I believe we were planning on playing 7 oaks because it looks a bus can get us there easily and we are not renting a car. Wife likes wooded, but some of that looks wooded and long. I am excited to play either, but will probably just get to play 1.

Cedar Hill is longer and also more up hill and down hill. I personally enjoy Cedar Hill more because the woods are less dense, IMHO. Cedar Hill is more off the beaten track. In Madison area.
Seven Oaks is usually more crowded, yet has alternate holes and is more tight I would say. Closer to the airport or city proper. It all depends on what you want I suppose, maybe you could ask me more and I could answer better...

eg37167 said:
Cedar Hill is longer and also more up hill and down hill. I personally enjoy Cedar Hill more because the woods are less dense, IMHO. Cedar Hill is more off the beaten track. In Madison area.
Seven Oaks is usually more crowded, yet has alternate holes and is more tight I would say. Closer to the airport or city proper. It all depends on what you want I suppose, maybe you could ask me more and I could answer better...

we will be coming in from I-40 since we are staying in Mt. Juliet.....I recall Cedar Hills being out north? HOw far would seven oaks be from the downtown area?

we will be coming in from I-40 since we are staying in Mt. Juliet.....I recall Cedar Hills being out north? HOw far would seven oaks be from the downtown area?[/quote]
Cedar Hills is right of I-65 at Madison at exit 92 (highway 45). Of course it depends what time of day you are talking about as to how long that would take. Here is a link to the Google map address for Cedar Hill if you want to get precise...http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=832760587299882037&q=cedar+hill+park+madison+tn&gl=us&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink,view:map&ei=tE1TTMalEIKwyQWq9vivDA&sig2=rNxBOv3sQ8O10aYgBo9-0g

Here is a link for Seven Oaks:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=seven+oaks+park+nashville+tn&fb=1&gl=us&hq=seven+oaks+park+nashville+tn&hnear=seven+oaks+park+nashville+tn&hl=en&view=map&cid=18419237486288891272&iwloc=A&ved=0CB8QpQY&sa=X&ei=Ek9TTLucIJqgzAS0lKVi

Now you can use this to get directions and using the time of day features on Google Directions you can get rough traffic and travel time estimates also from where you are coming from and when you have a window to play.

I'm driving 2 hours to play Cedar Hill tomorrow. It's in my personal top 5.

Seven Oaks is decent, but I like Cedar Hill a lot better.

I like Crockett Park and Sanders Ferry better than either Cedar Hill or Seven Oaks.

Cedar Hill is much more challenging and the course is nice, but I hate the 7-11 section. You are basically playing right next to Dickerson Rd. Loud and no tree line to block the view. The rest is really good. Seven Oaks could do with a few more longer range holes, but for a beginner like myself, it's a good course. Cedar Hill is really close by so I play it, but wish they'd plant some trees along that stretch.

I want to head to Nashville in the near future to play the courses there. I am in the ft campbell area and there is one good one that I know of.