• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nate Sexton appreciation thread

Alexplz

Double Eagle Member
Can I just say that I appreciate what Nate has done for the game over the past few years? Whatever facet you want to look at, Nate is there pushing things forward and encouraging his contemporaries to be better.

Media? BigSexy has raised the bar for engaging, colorful commentary from day 1. Did someone say Sexybird?

Outreach? Sexton shootouts have proven (to me at least) to be a great way to bring beginners out of the woodwork - never seen the local course so crowded.

The guy serves as (sorry for the shmaltzy take) an inspiration for new dads on the older side of 30, not only on the course but killing it out there in life as well, with a new family and responsibilities to juggle.

Speaking of responsibilities, I'm proud of the people's champ for his decision not to attend the DGPT - political move or not, it sends a message.

Finally, on the course, as I just mentioned in the PP thread, as that "Nate Safeton" style of golf consistently pushes the lead card, it pushes those true top tier golfers to become more consistent and less strategically lazy regarding risk/reward. And don't get it twisted - I say Safeton as nothing but a term of endearment and consider Nate to be tippy top of high tier or bottom of top tier. He knows when a firebird, firebird, putt for the birdie-3 will do the job 9/10 versus the hero eagle-2.

Good stuff, excited for this season overall. :hfive:

Last edited:
The People's Champ

the_1000.jpg

I know, such a brave, unpopular opinion... :D

Actually, I was saying, "add me to the pro-Sexton list":hfive:

I like his attitude, his professionalism, his intelligence, and his approach to the course.
Upcoming disc golfers can learn a lot from watching Nate.

Nate is good people. I consider myself lucky... I played a number of dubs rounds with Nate, both as his teammate and against him on the card. He always has a great attitude and is a pleasure to be around. He went above and beyond as an active member of our club. He also took our money at the weekly putt night and talked classy trash in the process. Nate is good people.

Nate is good people. I consider myself lucky... I played a number of dubs rounds with Nate, both as his teammate and against him on the card. He always has a great attitude and is a pleasure to be around. He went above and beyond as an active member of our club. He also took our money at the weekly putt night and talked classy trash in the process. Nate is good people.

Lines...you must be from WNC??

Nate is A Plus in every category!

I like Nate. I think he's great. But let's not overinflate the DGPT thing. He's a family man with a wife in school. Tough decisions, don't be a fool. He said he decision wasn't personal. Respect.

Nate is great. But he's also not the bread winner for the family, so it's time to watch the kids. When his game is on point, he's amazing to watch. Kind of like a male Paige Bjerkaas.

Avery Jenkins and the hams stuffed inside his calves and I had a good laugh about this post.

Is that Valarie Jenkins' brother? He's okay. Not as good as his sister, obviously, but he's alright I guess. :|

+1. Big fan of Nate's game and his commentary, especially Champs vs. Chumps. Huge asset to the sport.

As I was watching a DD promo on youtube today filmed by Bobby, I thought to myself - "where is all the fun content from Innova and the other guys?"

You've got some of their pros branching out and participating in their own content, why aren't the other big boys leaning more on the social media marketing stuff? Imagine a casual round or two with Nate, maybe Dave D and others shooting the ****, talking about the discs and the sport. Imagine more regular ITBs or the like, a little less produced, maybe on like a youtube channel #2 for more casual, fun content. Make it happen, Nate!

As I was watching a DD promo on youtube today filmed by Bobby, I thought to myself - "where is all the fun content from Innova and the other guys?"

You've got some of their pros branching out and participating in their own content, why aren't the other big boys leaning more on the social media marketing stuff? Imagine a casual round or two with Nate, maybe Dave D and others shooting the ****, talking about the discs and the sport. Imagine more regular ITBs or the like, a little less produced, maybe on like a youtube channel #2 for more casual, fun content. Make it happen, Nate!
This is an excellent point and Innova has the kinds of interesting characters to pursue this kind of strategy and put out some really cool content. Other than Wysocki I'd watch any of their players doing this kind of thing. Seems like they've gotten tired and complacent in that area. All they do is churn out new molds when they already have a ridiculous number in production.

This is an excellent point and Innova has the kinds of interesting characters to pursue this kind of strategy and put out some really cool content. Other than Wysocki I'd watch any of their players doing this kind of thing. Seems like they've gotten tired and complacent in that area. All they do is churn out new molds when they already have a ridiculous number in production.

Yea...why the hell are the making frisbees when they should be making niche social media videos that will be watched by tens of people.