• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nate Sexton appreciation thread

Yea...why the hell are the making frisbees when they should be making niche social media videos that will be watched by tens of people.

The people have spoken, Dave. WHAT DO WE WANT? A ROC4! WHEN DO WE WANT IT? LIKE 10 TIMES A YEAR!

In My Bag with Nate Sexton - Team Innova

Paul McBeth | In the Bag | 2017

Building The Bag with Avery Jenkins Pt 1: Putters & Mid-range discs

Last edited:
As I was watching a DD promo on youtube today filmed by Bobby, I thought to myself - "where is all the fun content from Innova and the other guys?"

You've got some of their pros branching out and participating in their own content, why aren't the other big boys leaning more on the social media marketing stuff? Imagine a casual round or two with Nate, maybe Dave D and others shooting the ****, talking about the discs and the sport. Imagine more regular ITBs or the like, a little less produced, maybe on like a youtube channel #2 for more casual, fun content. Make it happen, Nate!

This is my personal opinion and not intended to influence anyone - I don't want to see more media from "the big boys".

I cohhose to throw molds from other manufacturers because of DD/Trilogy's brand presence online and subsequent fanboi followers - this happens a lot more online than at the course...

I don't mind factual 'in the bag' videos because that is actually relevant content (to me). However, I do not care for promotional in the bag videos, that were really only created to help move plastic. I also cannot stand this movement of "I have a cell phone so people must be interested in a day in my life" vlog series.

Simon Lizotte is a great example. He has always been on the radar is term of skill, or at least publicity. But, now that he has a vlog, I just shake my head with disdain when I watch tournament coverage that includes his repetitive sky-hyzer antics.

I used to think of Simon as wasted potential. Now, thanks to his vlog, I just think he's an idiot. Again, this is my opinion, and I'm not trying to influence anyone, just adding 'my take' to the conversation on "more media".

Sexton is still one of the classiest guys in our sport. Hats off to him for living with inegrity.

This is my personal opinion and not intended to influence anyone - I don't want to see more media from "the big boys".

I cohhose to throw molds from other manufacturers because of DD/Trilogy's brand presence online and subsequent fanboi followers - this happens a lot more online than at the course...

I don't mind factual 'in the bag' videos because that is actually relevant content (to me). However, I do not care for promotional in the bag videos, that were really only created to help move plastic. I also cannot stand this movement of "I have a cell phone so people must be interested in a day in my life" vlog series.

Simon Lizotte is a great example. He has always been on the radar is term of skill, or at least publicity. But, now that he has a vlog, I just shake my head with disdain when I watch tournament coverage that includes his repetitive sky-hyzer antics.

I used to think of Simon as wasted potential. Now, thanks to his vlog, I just think he's an idiot. Again, this is my opinion, and I'm not trying to influence anyone, just adding 'my take' to the conversation on "more media".

Sexton is still one of the classiest guys in our sport. Hats off to him for living with inegrity.

someone didn't see the what happens in vegas promo where sexton was straight goofing off.

I will get off your lawn now.

someone didn't see the what happens in vegas promo where sexton was straight goofing off.

I will get off your lawn now.

Actually, I saw that and enjoyed it. There is a vast difference between having a sense of humor (what happens in vegas) and repeated attention whoring (vlogs)...

Thanks for preserving my lawn though
:hfive:

Not only is he a consistently good player, commentator and ambassador for the sport, he also seems like a decent person.

He is obviously a good father (and the tough decisions that come with that), but after the pandemic it was easy to have a bad impression of certain players.

Latest posts