• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

need a longer putter

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I primarily use a ss warlock w/n 10-15 yds or so, sometimes s magic for longer putts but I'm not really feeling it. I'd like to get something for longer putts, 20 yds on out to jump putt territory. Thinking about a Voodoo or a dart, something smaller diameter, nice glide so I don't have to strain myself. Any comments, suggestions, advice appreciated.

Peace

I am a Voodoo lover. I use it for all putts. It's great. I especially like it in Glow Plastic and clear gummy E Line.

My friend had a dart and he really increased his ability to run at the basket from a distance out with it

Have you considered throwing something overstable anyhyzer? I can get a rhyno or pig pretty far with minimal effort just with a little anny.

Actually, the Voodoo lacks glide. It sort of drops unlike a wizard which tends to float a little longer.
Voodoo might not be the way to go for you situation, but it is still a great disc.

Longer putter

two things the Innova XD is a driver like putter that will add feet to your putts and even works well on 150'-200' aproaches .....theres also a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43F-tExi69E .... that explains three or four different types of putts that you could try to get better distance

also try not aiming at the center pole in the basket if you have a alot of fade aim to the right or if you have a lot of turn aim to the right.... but the center is usually always a bad idea

True! But I've found in some instances that there is too much glide; right when I think it should die out it looks back at me and says SORRY SUCKA! and flies past the basket! :mad:

My experience too. But it takes very little effort to throw it 50-100 feet, just a flick of the wrist. The one nice thing about it is that when it hits the ground it's done. Hardly rolls. Doesn't skip. Barely even slides. A great lay-up disc.

for me, i use the same putter for "long" putts...you just need more spin and weight transfer?..maybe a lighter putter would help

Yeah, I've been considering a lighter putter, I throw 172 weighted putters, not the heaviest, but def not the lightest either.

Have you considered throwing something overstable anyhyzer? I can get a rhyno or pig pretty far with minimal effort just with a little anny.

I have not considered that, b/c I hate putting that way. Good idea though.

My problem is when I'm beyond the range where I need more than wrist strength to putt I tend to throw really high and hyzer. I'd love to just practice long putts and iron out the kinks in my form but since I'm recovering from tendinitis I need to avoid the repetitive motions so I'm looking for a quick fix.

That is what I do. I have a gummy champ rhyno, and on long putts I just throw an anhyzer and let it float back to the basket. I tend to use this so that I don't have those horrible putts that end up farther away from the basket than when I started because my putter just blasted on by the basket. Have some issues with it at close range, just ordered a R-Pro Aviar today, going to give that a try and see what happens.

That is what I do. I have a gummy champ rhyno, and on long putts I just throw an anhyzer and let it float back to the basket. I tend to use this so that I don't have those horrible putts that end up farther away from the basket than when I started because my putter just blasted on by the basket. Have some issues with it at close range, just ordered a R-Pro Aviar today, going to give that a try and see what happens.
The floater works and so does going straight at it with anhyzer. You'll still maintain a straight line but the disc will change its roll from right to left and keep elevation.

The floater works and so does going straight at it with anhyzer. You'll still maintain a straight line but the disc will change its roll from right to left and keep elevation.

I agree. From about 20' and in and just go straight at it. From 20' to 60' I'll go directly at it with an anhyzer putt. Anything past that, 60' to lets say 100' or so, I tend to float it more.

I dont change putters for longer shots. It get used for all putts

Have you tried an aero that is supposed to have much more glide than a dart and is avaiable in DX plastic if you dont like the R-Pro (which is all the Dart currently comes in)

I use a 175 Titanic for my putts 100ft -30ft and I have made many long putts with it. I have witnesses on this site that can back me up on that. Also, I used to use a Soft Magnet, and it also makes a nice long putter. I still use one for putting on hills.

I agree. From about 20' and in and just go straight at it. From 20' to 60' I'll go directly at it with an anhyzer putt. Anything past that, 60' to lets say 100' or so, I tend to float it more.

Yet further agreement here. I putt like roadtripstuff says and use a JK Aviar. Main putter's a 175g but I carry a 166g JK too for those long hyzer floaters.

Last edited:

Latest posts