• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Need a straight flyer

Dart and or Nova.... they're both as straight as you want them to be. the nova is stiff and transfers power well.

Thanks to everyone that offered their suggestions. I had been using a Star Aviar but it began to start rolling over on me. I thought I might like to try something new so that is why I started this thread.

Thanks to everyone that offered their suggestions. I had been using a Star Aviar but it began to start rolling over on me. I thought I might like to try something new so that is why I started this thread.

i hate to be that guy but ill be that guy and say its your form. ive had a 5+ years used dx aviar for driving. creased rim, beat to piss. could still throw hyzers out to 250 with it.

I would try to make sure its the disc and not your form before looking for a new disc. It's easier to diagnose form issues with a disc you are familiar with rather than something new. I started putter driving with Aviars and rolled them over too, switched to Rhynos and did fine, but once I figured out what was wrong with my form I had no issues putting aviars out to 300' on a straight shot.

That being said you have tons of great options for straight putters. The only one I'd like to add to the list is the Axiom Proxy, which is coming soon. It has a very flat and sleek profile, reliable high speed stability and not too much fade. Very similar feel to an Envy if you've had a chance to try one. There are a lot of good putters out there these days.

DD Warden, most underrated putter. It's essentially an aviar but stiffer in the classic hard and I think flies truer.

Putters? Plenty of options

Aviar PnA
Opto Pure
Polecat (R-Pro is straight start to finish from new)
Nova
Clutch
Magnet

I agree that it's likely some form on the Aviar rolling. I've had that issue in the past. My friend also had that issue, but once getting snap it just flips a little and will hold sweeping hyzers.

That being said...I would way rather drive with an Anode or Wizard or something more HSS like that. Even though it could be a slight form issue, there are still way more reliable putters for putting power into.

I really think the Anode is a great choice if you like how your Aviar feels for the most part.

Latest posts