• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a teacher in Fort Worth, TX

jester_s1

I'm pretty new to the game and can't seem to figure out driving. 200-260 feet is typical for me regardless of the technique I use. I can't seem to figure out the timing and would love to have someone with experience critique my technique. Is anyone around who would like to meet for a game and be willing help out a newbie?

What part of Ft Worth? I live in Abilene, so I can't help anytime soon, next time I'm back home and have some free time (which I could easily make for disc golf) I'd be more than willing to help out.

"Home" for me is Weatherford, so I'm actually out west a little bit. I could use an excuse to get out and play other courses around Ft Worth though.

I'm almost an hour east of Ft Worth (in Garland) but if you're ever on the east side of the metroplex I wouldnt mind catching a round and trying to offer some helpful advice.

I live in Lake Worth on the northwest side of Fort Worth. I have only played at Saddle Creek course in White Settlement. I hardly ever get out to Dallas or east Fort Worth, but I don't mind driving a bit to a course if it means getting some help on my game. I'm just looking to get good enough to enjoy it, maybe make par sometimes and stop looking for my discs in the trees!

jesters1 said:
I live in Lake Worth on the northwest side of Fort Worth. I have only played at Saddle Creek course in White Settlement. I hardly ever get out to Dallas or east Fort Worth, but I don't mind driving a bit to a course if it means getting some help on my game. I'm just looking to get good enough to enjoy it, maybe make par sometimes and stop looking for my discs in the trees!

Ah, that's not too far for me at all. I graduated from Brewer. Saddle Creek's not a bad course for 9 holes. Z. Boaz is worth checking out, as its relatively close (near the Hulen area). The Weatherford course is a little more of a drive for you, but they've made that course into one of my favorites. Its on the south side of the lake out there. I'll hit you up next time I'm in town.

If you catch me in the next month I will still be in fort worth, and I play all the local courses and some not so local...

I'll be in town tomorrow and Friday, as well as Sunday (won't be able to play) and Monday. If anybody around the west side of Ft Worth (I'll be in Weatherford) is interested in catching a round, shoot me a PM and lets get together.

Latest posts