• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need for more quality bag companies

You cannot prove a negative, so moving on. . . You are suggesting that if you needed to go to the doctor to stop bleeding from a serious cut, we should only go to one doctor and not hope that there are enough doctors to help as you bleed out. Less ridiculous, you want to buy some toilet paper. You have the money to buy the Charmin Ultra soft, but there is never any in your local vons. All they carry is store brand cardboard. If only there was another store that carried Charmin Ultra soft. I guess you should just wait for your vons to place an order when enough people start asking why they dont have any in stock when they advertise that they sell CharminUltra Soft. Maybe that isn't even relevant.

Is it just me, or are the quality bag manufacturers not equipped to handle the demand for quality bags. Every company's websites are almost non operational and have nothing for sal. This leads me to believe there is a need for more companies to spring up and focus solely on bag production in order for people to not have to wait three to four months for a bag. on a parallel note, these companies that are in business focus all of their production on making sure they have bags to sell on tournament tours, while their loyal customers wait for theirs to be remembered. Anyone have any comments or suggestions? I would start my own company if I could afford the thousands of dollars on sewing equiptment, but that is life.

It's funny you said this. I was expecting to see some (or all) of them at the FlyMart at Worlds, but none were there. I kinda thought I might pick up a new bag, but the only higher end bag I saw for sale at Worlds was the Grip. No VooDoo, no Revo, no Gorilla Boy, nobody. I was disappointed.

Most of the LE specs are in the production ones now, also GB doesn't do custom easily or often.
No they don't. He just told me in an email that the normal silverbacks do not include the le specs. Unless he changed his mind in the last two hours.

Thanks for the info. That just means that they aren't able to adequately meet the needs of their customer base size, therefore making it necessary for more people to pick up the slack and make some money.

maybe you should start your own bag company.....
Yeah, I already spoke to my wife about the potential of a growing sport's market. Alas I do not have the startup capital to purchase machinery and material. Prodiscus is making a new bag but it is a backpack like grip eq, but way bigger.

I don't think we need more companies. We just need one of the existing ones to get big enough to have sufficient resources to increase production and inventory capacity.

i've wanted to start throwing some bags together....trying different materials....but i too can no afford to take on a venture of that magnitude....i've gotten 2 of my bags and my straps here in the mp....don't have to wait for them to be manufactured and they already have a little character to them!!:D

I don't think we need more companies. We just need one of the existing ones to get big enough to have sufficient resources to increase production and inventory capacity.
You are absolutely correct, but in the mean time hoping that the existing companies grow huge right away so we can buy their product is placing all the power in the hands of a company that isn't benefiting you. Noone should have to wait half a year for a bag. Also, on that note; noone should have to settle for something they don't want. this is a free market economy, where if you can provide what people want you are able to "jump in the water and get your feet wet" so to speak.