• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need something more stable than a TL

QOLF, S-PD, lighter Z avenger, Starfire all would be good options.

I agree with elnino, a flat striker sounds exactly like what you are looking for. They are more stable, faster, and definitely have a reliable fade.

If it weren't a want for something new and faster a Russian Championships 2007 Candy Fundraiser Champion TL would be your ticket. They're more stable than Star TLs but shorter. S PD would be the best bet for fairly straight flight that can handle headwinds. There are differences between runs as always so it depends on the individual disc if it fades hard and can tackle headwinds. Or can't take more than minor headwinds and doesn't fade a lot or at all. If you get to 400' with TLs and need something that is both longer and can tackle almost any headwind I recommend a Discraft Force. It does fade noticeably without a stiff headwind though. If you throw 330' with a TL it's a pig overstable disc without winds and not at all good as it is way faster than a TL. TL is a tricky disc because it's atypically long for such a slow disc even on fairly low golf line drives. And even more so with s-curves. So recommendations really depend on what role you are using the TL for.

I didn't see viking thrown out there but to me it throws between a Teebird and a TL alittle faster.

yeah they are hard to find but i here nothign but praise from the glow champ TL would be the same mold as you had before so nothing to change but the glow is usually more stable than anythng else( some orcs are fippy but i haven't found a "flippy one")

EL-KABONG! said:
Hankman said:
Again, thanks for the replies. I haven't yet made up my mind between S- and C-PD yet but have enough information now.

C-PD is way more stable and has much less glide...you should start with an S imho

Agreed. Try a 175 S-PD.

what about a Starfire or Teerex? Crush??

these are all faster, more stable discs

I had a star TeeRex I had found that was awesome for windy conditions. the disc would flat and straight, with a nice left hook at the end. too bad I lost it :(

Starfires are different in Star of the first run and Champ in that the Star is much more overstable. There are like six different Teerexes out there. I really dig CFR Champion Teerex-X. I think X Crush is OOP and it a great deal faster than a TL more so than the other discs you mentioned that too are three notches faster than a TL so they are distance drivers more than fairway drivers.

Latest posts