• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Neo Origin - understable midrange

The disc is more understable than I thought it would be, but not in a bad way...15mph wind today, so that didn't help. Thrown into a headwind or L-R cross(RHBH) it turned/drifted right and didn't come back. With a more favorable wind this disc flipped up to flat and stayed straight with subtle finish. I have a max weight OPTO-X fuse in the bag that flew slightly more OS than this disc. My fresh tour series MJ comet is also straighter/more stable.

I really like this disc for hyper flip to flat/turnover shots. I was throwing it 330 on low "buzzz" lines and really liked it. Gonna keep bagging it to build some trust and can see this disc filling that straight to understable slot without a bead/funky rim(comet/fuse)

I like the Origin quite a lot - I've started to add discs that are understable by design to my bag about a month ago and the Origin is in that "family" of discs.

This is an excellent shot-shaping disc - I can throw this disc about 70% on hyzer and it will flip to flat/slight anhyzer and hold the line the entire way. If I throw above 70% then it will completely turn over into a throller, though! :p

Definitely fills a slot between my MD and my throwing putters

The Origin is the same flight numbers as the Claymore. I love my Claymore for stand still straight shots in the woods and hyzer flip to flat with a run up. Gonna have to check out this Origin.

A good buddy of mine carries a Claymore and I've thrown it a number of times.

I recently picked up an Origin, and the Claymore is the first disc I thought of.

Been playing around with a Method and a Tactic: Sounds like Origin would be a nice compliment.

For those in the know; kind of wondering how these compare to the prodigy M4? Same numbers, albeit they are the same as the buzzz, but these (origin and M4) are both historically more US than the numbers suggest, to my understanding.

It's a toss up, right now, between the origin and M4 for something I'd like to try out to replace two discs in my bag (beat old truth and warrant) in an effort to reduce the number of discs I carry. Cheers!

Threw one a few times. I didn't like it but that could just be me.

Seemed really glidey and powered down it just went really straight and far. Any kind of juice even with my noodle arm and it would just drift right the whole way on a flat release.

If I had to compare the flight to anything I would probably say something like a Mako but slower and with more glide. It actually reminded me more of a neutral putter than a mid if that makes sense.

The Origin is a great understable mid! I had been wanting a less stable Buzzz for a while, hoping the BuzzzSS would restock. Decided to try the Origin, and really like it's flight.

When the Buzzz (Z Glo) flips up, goes straight for just a bit, then fades out, the Origin flips up, stays up, slight turn, and lands with baby fade about 10 feet right and 25 feet farther. It doesn't even require more height.

After a few weeks, this Neo plastic is slicker (or becoming slicker) than I like, for whatever reason. Still throwing nice turnovers for birdie looks though.

with the release of the Midnight prowl I figured it was time to jump on the bangwagon. I'm enticed by comments about it being a "slower essence" the essence is my most thrown disc so it stands to reason I'd like this.

slight derail: while it doesn't scratch the instant gratification itch, it's pretty cool that Discmania is doing a pre-order so anyone that wants to try out one of these signature series discs can actually get one.

After a few weeks, this Neo plastic is slicker (or becoming slicker) than I like, for whatever reason. Still throwing nice turnovers for birdie looks though.

Wash it with dish soap. Works well.

You can also use 70% isopropyl alcohol. 90% can work too just don't touch the stamp as it could ruin it. 70% I think is mostly fine but you might want to be cautious with that too, though I've never had a problem myself. I don't sit there and rub the stamp area either. I focus on the grip areas. Alcohol cleans a bit better then dish soap for even more grip.

Anyone seeing these with any regularity?

I bought a new one last week from OTB. Probably the best feeling mid out there IMO. I'm still not 100% in on it though. Maybe I'm just not quite familiar with it yet. I did nearly ace with it today, buzzed the chains on the right from 260

Wash it with dish soap. Works well.

You can also use 70% isopropyl alcohol. 90% can work too just don't touch the stamp as it could ruin it. 70% I think is mostly fine but you might want to be cautious with that too, though I've never had a problem myself. I don't sit there and rub the stamp area either. I focus on the grip areas. Alcohol cleans a bit better then dish soap for even more grip.

Good idea. I washed my P2s recently, and it helps grip a lot. The soft EXO origin is fantastic for grip. Mine is slightly more stable than the NEO.

I bought a new one last week from OTB. Probably the best feeling mid out there IMO. I'm still not 100% in on it though. Maybe I'm just not quite familiar with it yet. I did nearly ace with it today, buzzed the chains on the right from 260

I see them on shelves and at Discmania site. My Origin was longer than the FD today.

I swear there is magic in this disc. Most consistently straight hyzer flip straight disc I have ever thrown...its like they paid the thing to go straight no matter what. Found it on the front nine, called the number on the disc (no reply after two attempts) and started throwing it a few times on the back and fell in love.

Yeah it is definietly a very nice straight/small flip up mid! What I like the most is that it allows you to dial down the power and focus on hitting a line but carry far down the fairway. It has been the disc that never leaves the bag for me. An origin and firebird is more less what I need in reality

If anyone is looking for something more US, the Patrol has almost the exact same shape, but it really US. Love having both in the bag.

Took a few years off from the sport and since coming back im rebuilding everything. The origin man what a disc! Dead nuts straight if I want it. Turns when I want them anny all the way to the ground when I want it to. Even hyzers really well. Super versatile mid kicked a couple kids out of my bag for sure.

I have been throwing the Origin for a while now and absolutely love the feel. What out there has a similar hand feel but a slightly overstable flight?