• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] NEW GAME - "Dart Board" (RIPT alternative)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moser1214

I have created a disc golf game similar to the RIPT REVENGE card game, although I have never personally played or seen the game RIPT before. Instead of using cards, that get bent in your pocket and ripped up (maybe that's where they got the name), it uses a dyed disc that gets spun and tossed in the air and lands next to a mini to decide which random attack you get to use on an opponent. The game is great for groups that have players of varying skill levels as the rules are set up to equalize this.

[Sorry about the poor quality picture and bad lighting. I guarantee the lines are sharp and icons are crisp although it's the concept that matters. Also, I will remove the disc's stamp from any discs I dye. This one was a test to see if I could get the look of the black dye over the stamp and the color under the stamp for a different disc I was going to dye for someone.]

The game was named "Dart Board" as I dyed the prototype on an Innova Dart and because it implies the randomness that occurs during the game as opposed to using predetermined cards at the time of your choosing. I will do the dye on any disc although I would recommend a putter or approach disc so that it doesn't get lost or beat up. An Atlas would be nice and flat and look pretty cool.

The disc uses three independent rings or boards which have different functions and cost more "tokens" as you approach the center of the disc.

What I'm selling will include a custom dyed disc with the game board on it, a digital copy of the rules, a digital copy of a business card size quick reference to the symbols on the disc and their meanings which can be easily viewed on a phone or printed and kept in a wallet. An additional option will of course be available to buy a mini of your choice with it if you do not own one, (+ $3 with choice of mini driver, glo mini, marbled mini, or standard mini with choice of color.) which is also a good excuse to buy a cool mini.

The rules include multiple variations of the game which change things such as: When and how you can use the spinner to sabotage a throw and whether you can save an attack to be used on a throw and player of your choice. How many "tokens" each person starts the game with, how many it costs to spin each ring of the board, and how many are awarded during the game for various things. I would like to get input on what the official rules should be, and if I get 10 or more people to try it out, I will award a winner of my choosing for the best input with a free dyed disc of the game (with revisions if applicable) as well as credit in the revised rules.

I am looking to order discs by the end of the week to do the dyes on. Prices will start at $25 for a factory second echostar dart, wraith, valkyrie, banshee, tern, katana, roadrunner, mamba. For $30 I can do any available factory second disc which would be pretty much anything innova you want. Check out their store to see what combinations of colors are available for the Atlas!

EDIT: The post wouldn't let me update the picture, but I have a better one in my album here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=edaa45c829

EDIT: You can take a look at the full rules here:
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0...IMTlWbWxUVGVkd3JZNENSYjNpcy02d1VkMVdXam8/edit
Last chance to order.

Attachments

• 0508152342.jpg
    0508152342.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Yes, you set the mini on the ground first.

Some attack spins are standard like throw with a driver, putter, mini, backhand, forehand, off-hand, but let you choose which shot that hole to use them on giving your opponents a chance to know what's coming and try to set themselves up to make it harm them less if possible. Others are things like:
  • Steal a disc - "Steal a disc from someone's bag for the entire hole. The disc is unavailable for all players to use for the entire hole."
  • Spinners Choice - "Choose a disc from someone else's bag for them to throw."
  • Turbo Putt - "choose a player to turbo putt their next putt."
  • Caddy - "Make someone carry your bag for the entire hole, even while throwing."
  • Cancel Shot - "Cancel any throw, making your opponent throw again with a different disc."

The 2nd ring is the lucky spinner and costs 2 tokens instead of 1 to spin. It can save you a stroke, win you more tokens, give you a mulligan, shield you from attacks for the hole, etc.

The center ring is used for counter spins, but will cost you 3 tokens and can backfire the attack, backfire the attack on all opponents, and shield you from the attack for the current throw, or cancel the attack entirely.

Remember I'm ordering discs in the morning. Those interested, PM me your email address and I'll send you the full rules before you confirm your order!

Status
Not open for further replies.