• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Mobile Style

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I spent the past week or so tweaking and customizing a new mobile style for the forums that makes it a lot more pleasant to use on phones (at least I think so!). Please let me know what you guys think. I have phones automatically going to the new style right now.

If you don't like the mobile style on your phone, there is a "Switch to Desktop View" right in the menu under the search box.

Last edited:
Weird, my android tablet shows the desktop site. I think ipads should as well... I'll have to fix the detection.

Signatures are disabled on mobile, some people had some without spaces causing posts to be cut off. I think I can turn on horizontal scrolling if you guys would prefer that?

It would be nice to still see sigs in some fashion.

Thought it was decent till I accessed a fsot thread and the images were cropped with no way to zoom out. I hate having zoom and scroll locked down. It should be easier to switch back to desktop view. At least you still have the desktop view as an option, I hate being forced to use mobile sites when my phone has a higher res screen than my tv or laptop

Can you link the thread you're talking about Ender?

It would be nice to still see sigs in some fashion.

I can try turning on the scrolling but I know of at least one user that has "xx/xx/xx/xx" type of sig that stretches the page and messes with the layout.

I added a "Switch to Desktop View" link at the bottom of the page for people on phones, etc. that would rather see the Desktop version of the forum.

If you guys have any other feedback please let me know.

I haven't done anything with the sigs yet. Still trying to figure out how to handle that, I'm still tweaking this to see how it goes.

Moved the "Switch to Desktop View" up to the top menu.

Last edited:
Hmm, they're showing up on my iPad with the new format.

That's weird, I actually took the part that shows the signatures out of the posts. Can you do a screenshot?

Nope, it just kicked me back to the desktop version when I reloaded the page.

I turned off the style for iPads... unless you preferred it? I feel like on a tablet the desktop style is better.

Just enabled zooming and horizontal scrolling. I can turn the sigs back on but on occasion they may mess up the page layout.