• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Plastic vs. Old Plastic

Thanks to everyone. Your opinions and views were helpful. Except for the pumpkin designs, I'm not interested in collecting. I'll be throwing the discs I get.

I used the older plastics for a longtime.

It wasn't until recently that I started using Swedish Plastic. A lot of my old plastic was immediately replaced by Swedish plastic.

To answer your question,the older plastics are really nice,but now all mine except for my Comets are in the collectors box.

There are plenty of companies now a days to fill whatever needs you want.

Not sure if you are looking for a Teebird replacement(you mentioned it). I would a get a Legacy Rival. It's a great disc. :thmbup:

I had the chance to throw some of the old gummy Innova discs and I love the way it feels. Seems like it will take a beating forever and never break. Last trip to PIAS I came away with a Roadrunner and Spider both super gummy and for $10 a disc is was impossible to pass up. I threw both today and they fly awesome.

However as a new player a lot of my bag is new stuff. I really like the GL from Lat 64. I also like the 400s plastic from Prodigy for my putter for whatever reason. I literally got lectured for throwing the "new" Prodigy stuff as I'm supposedly attaching to a fad. Forget that I'm on the 5th putter and finally finding one I like.

I started playing about 2 years ago, long after the most sought after older runs of plastics were gone. So I just decided to say no to vintage discs for throwing and I don't collect.

Of course I ended up with some discs that are OOP and started collecting them because I liked the way they molded up so much. I throw 3rd run LE ESP Comets and 1.1 OLFs that you have to seek out, and there is a particular kind of River that I like that's different enough from current discs that I try to find them as well. I don't need my 3rd runs, and once I'm out of 1.1 OLFs, I'll switch to Volts or PDs, but I'm really happy with them.

If you find stuff you like, buy it and try to get multiples. I try not to spend more money than I would on a stock disc, but might pay a small premium for a disc I like, but the fact is that there's always something else out there that you can use. Yes, old CE discs feel incredible and are probably the best plastic I've ever felt. But you have to ask yourself if it's worth the high prices: there's a diminishing rate of return there, especially with so many good plastics and molds out there right now.

I used the older plastics for a longtime.

It wasn't until recently that I started using Swedish Plastic. A lot of my old plastic was immediately replaced by Swedish plastic.

To answer your question,the older plastics are really nice,but now all mine except for my Comets are in the collectors box.

There are plenty of companies now a days to fill whatever needs you want.

Not sure if you are looking for a Teebird replacement(you mentioned it). I would a get a Legacy Rival. It's a great disc. :thmbup:

Man I get tired of hearing about the teebird replacement, as close as a rival looks to a teebird it does not fly the same. If you want a teebird get a teebird!

Latest posts