• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new scout

Got a new scout in the mail from Gateway last night and threw it a few times at lunch today. First impression was good. a very neutral flyer. it worked line well hold both hyzer and anny lines all the way to the ground. I could gett on it throw flat at full power it would turn a little and slowly hyzer back to finish pretty straight. The rim reminds me of a pathers but it is more stable then a pather. It powered down really and would be a good disc for one disc rounds.To put it on joes chart i would give it a range of 3 hss-.5 lss 1.5. A solid mid not ground breaking but not a pos either. I am going to put it in the bag for a while between my squall and demon. (This is all base on one 176 proto disc. Keep this in mind.)

the new scout has stayed in my bag. it is a very controlable disc. it powers down amazingly. Today i had about a 150' putt in to the wind. normally that is where i would pull out the voodoo but the wind was throwing the putter all over the place. so i used the scout gripped like a putter and went straight at the hole and canned the birdie. I am using this disc more and more. i hope the production run is as good.

Do you think it would fit between a Fuse and a Hornet? I've kind of poo-pooed the Scout because I am pretty vested in those 2 discs, and I dont really feel I need something in the middle either, but it might at least be worth a look.

TechnoHic said:
Do you think it would fit between a Fuse and a Hornet? I've kind of poo-pooed the Scout because I am pretty vested in those 2 discs, and I dont really feel I need something in the middle either, but it might at least be worth a look.
It fits well between my squall (similar to a fuse) and demon (similar to a hornet) The one i have is very straight and flies like a longer putter.Putt hyzer on and it hyzers, put anny on and it anny's all the way to the ground. throw flat and has very little turn or fade. It has kinda become the disc I throw when i am not sure what to use. It powers down well and i through a couple out over 300' yesterday as well. It is slow and has good not great glide. Does it set the world on fire no. Do i find myself reaching for it alot yes. Mine has a good dome on it I have seen flatter one but don't know how they through. This is a very forgiving disc not real sensative to nose angle or snap.

NoLifeLeft said:
Check out the description on MSt.
http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-16324/Evolution-Scout/
Guess someone needed to vent.

lol Thats funny.

I also noticed that early on, they were talking about seeing if Nikko wanted to make it a signature disc and I dont see Nikkos name on the new stamp. im not sure what that says about the disc when their own pro doesnt seem to want to put his name anywhere near most of their products.

I wish someone with an understanding of business would partner with gateway and clean up their act. I like the new scout but since it is not a putter gateway will screw it up.

TechnoHic said:
NoLifeLeft said:

lol Thats funny.

I also noticed that early on, they were talking about seeing if Nikko wanted to make it a signature disc and I dont see Nikkos name on the new stamp. im not sure what that says about the disc when their own pro doesnt seem to want to put his name anywhere near most of their products.

Nikko doesn't have his name on any discs yet. I think all that is still in the works.

TechnoHic said:
NoLifeLeft said:

lol Thats funny.

The disc that Nikko is thinking about putting his name on is a driver...not a midrange.

I've had some time to try the E and S Scout. First impression is that it is a pretty good flyer. A very straight disc with a little fade on the end. It does fit right between the Element and the Warrior in stability. It does seem to fly a lot like a Buzzz for me, only holds a little better in the wind. If I weren't tied down to a bag setup until June, the scout would probably make the starting lineup.

BLURR said:
I've had some time to try the E and S Scout. First impression is that it is a pretty good flyer. A very straight disc with a little fade on the end. It does fit right between the Element and the Warrior in stability. It does seem to fly a lot like a Buzzz for me, only holds a little better in the wind. If I weren't tied down to a bag setup until June, the scout would probably make the starting lineup.

I dont feel like going through the thread, but how well does it hold turnover lines?

the e scout has been flying very close to a z buzz. very stable with little fade at the end. put it on an anny line and it stays all the way to the ground. The S scout is a little different espeacially the flat ones. they are like an x buzz and a classic roc had a baby. just fly dead straight with very little effort and power down amazing, I have been using mine for shots that are a distance where i could use a putter if the ceiling wasn't so low. at doubles this week i threaded the needle with 150' frozen rope about 7' off the ground that went through a 10' gap about 100' away from me (my partner was parked or i would not of tried the shot.).

I agree, I absolutely love the flat S Scouts. They are incredibly easy to throw straight and they can handle a lot of power without turning. They hold good anny lines flexing out flat ever so slightly at the end. All of the E Scouts molded up with a good dome and Dave said that's actually how he wanted the Scout to be.

the s scouts are beating into great slightly understable mid with great glide.