• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

fireball42 said:
Hello everyone,

I am a new player, having started about 4 months ago. I am absolutely hooked and love to play when I can.

I am 24 and currently in Law school. I have already hooked several players to DG including my GF who plays with me and is my chaeuffeur to the courses.

I live in Chicago and unfortunately the closest course even worth playing is a 30 min drive out to the suburbs, wish is especially annoying since i dont have a vehicle.

hope to get to know everyone, learn and give what ever knowledge i may have 8)
welcome.

Only been playing for a year. Hoping to find some good stuffs on this board.

Mike

Just checking in, moved here due to USAF and was looking to reach out to more locals! So yeah... hey!

Brand New. Currently procrastinating from studying for my Organic chem final. Started on r/discgolf but there's not enough posts to keep up with my interest.

All I wanna do is disc right now :roll:

Welcome gunqlay, have you found any decent courses in the Clovis area? I hear a lot of talk about adding courses to service bases.

Welcome Greenestein, Discgolfreview is top notch. Dgcoursereview has more volume but less quality.

Hi All,

New to the forum, though I've been playing for years. Only started becoming more serious about the sport in the last year or so... got a bag, started carrying around more than a couple discs. At this point I am really focused on expanding my knowledge of the game, disc selection, technique etc. Came across this forum and it looked to have some very knowledgeable people, so I figured I'd sign up.

I developed most of my form/technique/bad habits in a vacuum and am looking for ways to make my game more consistent. I hail from central CT, but bring my disc bag any time I travel (it is so interesting to play courses in different geographical regions... can change the feel completely). I am a big fan of that feeling when a drive snaps just right... and it think it was the euphoria of my first ace that really got me addicted. I am a terrible putter. I guess that'll happen when you putt with a beat-to-hell DX eagle for the first 3 years of playing.

Anyways, that intro was way too long, but I'm pretty bored at the moment...

TL;DR 'sup.

Hi guys. Some major boons for putting are loose muscles and quick acceleration of the arm in the latter part of the arm movement. The only place where there is some tension are the index finger and the thumb pinching against each other lightly but firmly enough to avoid slips. Disc tackiness plays a huge part in the amount of pinching pressure (tightens up the arm muscles slowing down the acceleration and overall arm speed reducing distance, accuracy and consistency) required to not have misses due to slipping.

G'day all.

Names is Matt and I am relatively new to the sport after discovering it on a holiday in America. I'm an Aussie (Brisbane) - we have a small group of regular players here; I'm excited as it is starting to gain some momentum and I am on the forefront of the groundswell.

My game is very much a work in progress and have read some invaluable info on these boards that have helped (found out I'm a "strongarmer"); I decided to sign up so I could participate here some more and make more use of the collective well of knowledge!

Catch ya's around....

Not enough! :p

We make the most from our parks with portable baskets. As far as dedicated parks goes it is pretty minimal; Probably around 5-6 in total (country wide). And from the ones I have played here they are WIDE open compared to the stupid narrow fairways I learnt to play on in the NorthWest (Seattle). So they are quite different.

Growing at a very steady rate though. Gateway Discs are coming out in a couple of weeks for an event which has been well advertised here and we hope to get some fresh blood to the game.

Hello all. I just started playing, been watching videos, reading posts and practicing every day. Most of all I've been having a good time chucking some plastic around while enjoying the outdoors. Thanks to everyone who has and does contribute to the forum, it's amazing how much information there is here.

All you new people: Start posting stuff so I have something to read at lunch. Let's get some new threads up, pronto. Ask questions, tell stories, recount for us the last time you shit yourself, whatever... Let's breathe some life into these boards

Flipflat said:
It's that time of year.

It is. Welcome to the forums all.

I think everyone's busy playing/practicing/traveling/running events/working on courses....etc. etc. etc.