• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the forum

SLED HEAD

I'm new to this forum and new to the sport. I've been playing for almost 9 months and had my best round today (1-10-15) -1 at one of the local courses. I have a heavy sports background in baseball and golf. I played pro golf from the age of 18-21 then moved to doing long drive contests. Hit my best drive in a tournament at 482yds. Then I tore my right pec in a power lifting competition in 2011. Now I'm back 100% and have decided to take up disc golf. I absolutely am addicted to it. I have been playing here in Georgia for almost a year.
I know I'm still learning and im sure my form isn't that great and I'm hoping with talks help I can improve more and more.
I am an extremely fast learner when it comes to sports. I'll be posting vids of my form later on so yall can tell me what needs to be changed.
My best drives are around 300-330 so far.
Here's a hey yall from Georgia!

Welcome to the forum and the sport. Wish I could get my ball golf buddies into the sport. I sold my clubs 3 years ago when I found disc golf. They all make fun of me and won't even give it a try. They would rather pay 40 bucks a round for ball golf 4 days a week I guess

Welcome to the forum! I'm new to the sport too, be sure to register for a PDGA number, I just did it last night!

Welcome and enjoy!
Once you get sucked into the fourms here, it's just a matter of time before you become a plastic fondler.

Hey guys new to the forum but not to the game. I live in Kentucky and we have a couple of goof disc courses around here but was thinking of looking other places up when on vacation, out of town, ect. Any good spots I should go to first?

yeahyoheyhowyadoin?!

Enjoy your stay around here, believe it or not there is a slew of useful information and helpful people to talk with. :hfive:

.... I am not one of them :(