• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] New Understable Drivers from Yikun

Shizhu

Bogey Member
The new Yikun understable drivers Hu and Gou are coming!!:hfive:

'Gou is Yikun's first very understable distance driver!'

HU1_zps89d9ceb1.jpg

GOU1_zpsca594aa3.jpg

HU3_zps3543ad50.jpg

Cool stamps, I've always liked their imagery very good looking discs. Would have guessed the Hu would be a Kitsune by the image.

Does anyone bag Yikun? They review well but I'd like to know how the plastic grades.

Last edited:
Cool stamps, I've always liked their imagery very good looking discs. Would have guessed the Hu would be a Kitsune by the image.

Does anyone bag Yikun? They review well but I'd like to know how the plastic grades.

I have had the premium plastic D'ae and the Yu in the bag for months. The D'ae has "beat" in to a very straight, long, driver with a late forward fading hook (380-420ft). The D'ae plastic reminds me of a stiffer star plastic,
The Yu is a meathook of a mid very stable with a hard dump of a fade at the end (250-300ft). The Yu's plastic is clear and reminds me of new Z plastic from discraft which I do not see beating in ever …
Hope this helps
Gary

They are made in china?

I have had the premium plastic D'ae and the Yu in the bag for months. The D'ae has "beat" in to a very straight, long, driver with a late forward fading hook (380-420ft). The D'ae plastic reminds me of a stiffer star plastic,
The Yu is a meathook of a mid very stable with a hard dump of a fade at the end (250-300ft). The Yu's plastic is clear and reminds me of new Z plastic from discraft which I do not see beating in ever …
Hope this helps
Gary

I agree with Gary. The Da'E (Dragon line) is comparable to Lat.64's Gold line. The Yao (Phoenix line) is comparable to Z plastic.

Thanks fellas, I may try on of them. I think infinite has most of their molds.

I'm a big sucker for OS drivers what is the Da'E most comparable to? Is it Ape
OS or just Destroyer OS?

Think halo from lat 64. It is longer than my destroyers. If you can throw a destroyer you will get the D'ae out there straight for 90 percent of its flight with a sharp forward fading hook of the last 10. Anything under350ft it will simply go left...

PM me if interested in purchasing any of their discs. I have all of them except the Hu and Gou which just came out.

It seems like infinitediscs is the only one who still stocks yikun. Any idea on when the Hu and Gou will hit their shelves?

i've been using a range of Yikun discs since last october and they are all quality discs and plastics. my personal favorite of theirs so far is the Yao, a slightly overstable mid that just never seems to wear. same reliable flight every single time.

It seems like infinitediscs is the only one who still stocks yikun. Any idea on when the Hu and Gou will hit their shelves?

Thank you. The Hu and Gou will be available at the end of May, and will arrive at our partners' warehouse in June. You may order Yikun discs from Infinitediscs, Marshallstreet and GottaGoGottaThrow. More partners to be announced. Have fun, guys!

i've been using a range of Yikun discs since last october and they are all quality discs and plastics. my personal favorite of theirs so far is the Yao, a slightly overstable mid that just never seems to wear. same reliable flight every single time.

Thank you for your support. This spring, Yikun released the new Tiger line blends which offers better durability and grip feel.

Are there permanent courses in China? I lived in South Korea for a while and played (and took 1st) in a tourney near Busan. I know Japan is big on Disc Golf. just wondering what China is looking like?

So glad to have more suppliers and interest in Eastern Asia. I would love to see courses in SE Asia! I think Vietnam needs some courses....Yikun...try and introduce Vietnam to Disc Golf! I think the land there and the scenery is some of the best in the world.

Are there permanent courses in China? I lived in South Korea for a while and played (and took 1st) in a tourney near Busan. I know Japan is big on Disc Golf. just wondering what China is looking like?

So glad to have more suppliers and interest in Eastern Asia. I would love to see courses in SE Asia! I think Vietnam needs some courses....Yikun...try and introduce Vietnam to Disc Golf! I think the land there and the scenery is some of the best in the world.

Generally, we play on temporary courses using removable baskets in China. Besides Japan and Korea, there are several 9-holes courses in Thailand. It is great to see disc golf in Asia is growing.

Latest posts