• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie started for weight loss but loving it

..............But if I could play anywhere near you it would probably be bear creek. Not extremely difficult for a beginner but a nice mix of left and right holes and not many bomb shots. Probably my favorite course in the dfw. Hole 12 is just to much fun to pass up.

My son and I love Bear Creek. He used to live in Irving so Bear Creek and Turner were our favorites over on that side of town. We played Veterans several times too, and I agree that it can be intimidating to a beginner (throwing up and down those "mountains").

We sometimes played two disc rounds at Bear Creek when we were pressed for time and it was always fun. We're talking about doing the long tees some time, for a change of pace.

Bear creek is the bomb but probably the busiest course in the metroplex behind cedar hill. Right now I hate cedar hill though. I played in the am championships last weekend and I found that I hate mt Lebanon. Hate it.

Well, I did poor everywhere. I guess changing up my drive has really messed with my accuracy.

We played all winter long an about two foot of snow for awhile three pairs of socks two pairs of pants an gloves. Only played one game each time we went it's was crazy tape a ribbon under ur disc if you play in the snow so u can find ur disc

We played all winter long an about two foot of snow for awhile three pairs of socks two pairs of pants an gloves. Only played one game each time we went it's was crazy tape a ribbon under ur disc if you play in the snow so u can find ur disc

Yeah, I been playing all winter. Great suggestion! Right now, I'm a bit panicked trying to recover all my lost discs under the snow... so far, so good though! I'm finding most of my lost discs! Only two left...

Welcome to the site. At 60 years old, disc golf has been a large part of my healthier lifestyle. I've managed to shed 85 pounds. And best of all, easily KEEP it off. But disc golf is only part of my exercise plan. I also have a rowing machine that I use a minimum of 3 days a week. And I do a 35lb. kettle bell exercise at least 3 times a week as well.

Sounds like you'll have the time and weather for a lot of golfing. I think though especially just starting out you'd have to play A LOT of golf for weight loss. I played yesterday, for exercise, not score so I played quickly. Speed golf works, but it's hell on your game. But any exercise is good exercise, and anything is better than being a couch potato.

(psst)

The true key to weight loss is so brain dead simple, almost no one understands it. Yin/yang Yes exercise more, but that's only half of what is needed. For true lasting weight loss you need to EAT LESS. It's math really. Eating & drinking: + Calories. Exercise: - Calories.

And one more hint if anyone really wants to keep weight down. Eat better. White food is BAD. Unnatural sugars are BAD. Refined and packaged food is BAD. Get a juicer. I drink 16oz of fresh fruit and veggies 6 days a week.

Good luck with the weight loss and the disc golf. Its a great 1-2 punch