• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie to the forum

frzemtz

Newbie to the forum and to the world of disc golf. Played my first course a week ago and haven't been able to head back due to the rainy weather here in Texas. I started off with 3 starter discs and quickly ramped up my collection to over 15 now. lol Been practicing the handling and throwing for distance. Never in my life did I throw a Frisbee until now. So its all new to me and I am hooked. My son started with me and is hooked as well. Looking forward to more games. But lots of practice for now as we suck. lol Still fun to play.

Welcome! what discs do you throw?

I have a few discs. Discraft Avenger, Discraft Nuke, Discraft Buzz, Discraft Magnet, Discmania C-Line Jackal and Discmania D-Line. The Avenger SS and Nuke SS are my faves. My son uses the discmania discs. He throws those better than the discraft ones.

I have a few discs. Discraft Avenger, Discraft Nuke, Discraft Buzz, Discraft Magnet, Discmania C-Line Jackal and Discmania D-Line. The Avenger SS and Nuke SS are my faves. My son uses the discmania discs. He throws those better than the discraft ones.

Thats good, the avenger ss is a great disc.

Thats good, the avenger ss is a great disc.

Oh yeah. I haven't used the Nuke at a course yet. Just in an open field to try it out. But my Avenger ss is awesome. I have a few of them some I bought used that work just like my new one.

Oh yeah. I haven't used the Nuke at a course yet. Just in an open field to try it out. But my Avenger ss is awesome. I have a few of them some I bought used that work just like my new one.

Nukes are pretty beefy, so if you arent used to stable drivers it might take a bit of practice.

Nukes are pretty beefy, so if you arent used to stable drivers it might take a bit of practice.

The guy at Disc Nation is all about the Discmania discs. Though I noticed that it may have the stamp discmania, the disc itself had innova imprinted on it on the bottom side.